• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Biofuel or what

But unlike ethanol Biodiesel is actually good for our rigs and has benefits like added lubricity to fuel. At the last mine I worked at they did a year long experiment and found that 10% bio was the best bang for the buck all around before noticing a loss of power and fuel economy, it was easy to track when they burned 35-40K gallons every 24 hours.

• Staff

If you run a lot of bio diesel, doesn't that make it necessary to have two fuel filters? One in front of the lift pump and with the factory one? I heard of a VP rebuilder who said one of the biggest problems is the use of biodiesel without enough filtration. Not sure how much experience this guy actually had, but I remember him saying that.

• 2 weeks later...

Biodiesel is typically a dirty fuel when home produced. Commercial fuel production and biodiesel is fairly clean but still has it winter problems of gelling and separating.

Not quality bio. Bio WILL clean your fuel system and you do run the risk of plugging your filter not because it is a dirty fuel but because it will clean things so well.

post-18-138698205563_thumb.jpg

I ran B20 in the winter once and it was awesome. It started like it was summer and I never had any issues at all. The high cetane is the trick and being biodiesel you have all the lube in the world. You might lose some mpg but it might actually be better. Antigel stuff detracts lube so even if you do add 2 stroke, it still might not be enough. Remember the HFRR was probably done with summer fuel..even though they did 200:1, it would be better if they did 128 with winter fuel and then with summer. B20 kinda eliminates any and all lube issues.