• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to be a busy weekend, Wife is going to be gone for a business trip for 4 days, it is my 4 day weekend so I am going to be getting stuff done, friday haul tractor and Saturday will have my 20 foot stock trailer "My wood hauler" and cutting firewood from a ton of downed trees in my area from nasty straight line winds clocked at between 85-105 mph this weekend.

I will try and get pics of my wood hauler filled up with a load of tinder "20' long X 7' wide gooseneck stock trailer". :evilgrin:

My back hurts already just thinking about it.

Well here is the 1970 John Deere 5020 going to a new home, 115 miles loaded one way gross was in the neighborhood of 31-32K lbs. pickup, trailer, supplies and me weigh in at around 15K lbs. and tractor is in neighborhood of 16-17K lbs. low 80's low breeze under 10 mph all day and high humidty. Ran with cruise set at 70 loaded and about 78 unloaded headed home, smarty level 2 did 9mpg overall running hard.

post-180-0-15251200-1405134064_thumb.jpgpost-180-0-22408500-1405134163_thumb.jpgpost-180-0-39882700-1405134225_thumb.jpgpost-180-0-57435600-1405134283_thumb.jpg

After getting back to the farm I swapped over to my 20' Keifer stock trailer to go get a load of downed cottonwood from a coworkers yard for this coming winter.

This is how real men haul wood, non of those little boy trailers here. :evilgrin: My rig earns its keep. :thumb1:

post-180-0-81172000-1405134455_thumb.jpgpost-180-0-19671700-1405134503_thumb.jpgpost-180-0-21350200-1405134549_thumb.jpg

Figured I would throw in a pic of what my yard machine tow rig looks like in its usual routine of hauling wood scraps from wind storms and firewood believe it or not I heap this little trailer full and the Honda doesn't even grunt puling it around just need to plan ahead for the stops with a full load of unsplit wood  :wow: , also have a 1979 full sized 1/2 ton chevy pickup box trailer that gets pulled around by my 1998 Honda TRX 300 just like this Mitsubishi mighty max box, can't fill the chevy trailer as full though as it pushes the Honda around too much and is hard to stop on the down hill direction.

Rarely if ever ride the Honda leisurely it is always hooked to one trailer or another "Earning its keep as well". :thumb1:

If you notice in the background half hidden by the blue spruce is my 24 HP B2150 Kubota hooked up to my 22 foot triple tube pontoon trailer, it too gets worked hard.

post-180-0-69791800-1405262260_thumb.jpg

post-180-0-57590800-1405262271_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Figured I would throw in a pic of what my yard machine tow rig looks like in its usual routine of hauling wood scraps from wind storms and firewood believe it or not I heap this little trailer full and the Honda doesn't even grunt puling it around just need to plan ahead for the stops with a full load of unsplit wood  :wow: , also have a 1979 full sized 1/2 ton chevy pickup box trailer that gets pulled around by my 1998 Honda TRX 300 just like this Mitsubishi mighty max box, can't fill the chevy trailer as full though as it pushes the Honda around too much and is hard to stop on the down hill direction.

Rarely if ever ride the Honda leisurely it is always hooked to one trailer or another "Earning its keep as well". :thumb1:

If you notice in the background half hidden by the blue spruce is my 24 HP B2150 Kubota hooked up to my 22 foot triple tube pontoon trailer, it too gets worked hard.

LOL... I just pull the same stunt yesterday. I hitched up the BigTex 70TV to the little Honda Rancher ATV and proceeded to toss firewood into the trailer with MoparMom. We filled that trailer mounded as as as possible. Then using the little ATV rolled the trailer to the wood shed and stacked the entire 1.75 cords of split firewood.

I know I know if you don't have pictures it didn't happen... Next load I'll get a picture of it.

• 2 months later...

The little Honda 4 wheel found a new home a few days ago, I never used it much and needed the garage space so I parted with it. I have the Kubota tractor for use as a trailer tugger around the yard so no use in keeping and maintaining a hunk that never gets used.

Also forgot the camera at home but did haul a steer to the sales ring earlier this week too. Have a nice weekend weather wise so for me is is going to be all about winterizing and wood splitting and cleaning up the yard and giving things and end of the season bath around the house and yard as well as digging produce from the garden, lots to do.

post-180-0-69791800-1405262260_thumb.jpg