• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lighter Removal

Having a little trouble with my Truck. Got a GPS for Christmas and the power outlet on the dash is not working. It has a seperate fuse from the Cigar lighter i guess ( it works ), and books say the B+ fuse in the power dist center. What is B+? i see wires from battery is B+ and another at the Alt as B+. Another thing , How do you get this thing out of the dash? Thanks for any response and advice.:confused:

If I am reading this correctly the lighter and power outlet are both snapped in to place:

INSTALLATION

(1) Install the cigar lighter or power outlet mount

into the instrument panel.

(2) Reconnect the instrument panel wire harness

connector to the cigar lighter or power outlet receptacle

base connector receptacle.

(3) Align the splines on the outside of the cigar

lighter or power outlet receptacle base connector

receptacle with the grooves on the inside of the

mount.

(4) Press firmly on the cigar lighter or power outlet

receptacle base until the retaining bosses of the

mount are fully engaged in their receptacles.

(5) Install the cigar lighter knob and element into

the cigar lighter receptacle base, or the protective cap

into the power outlet receptacle base.

(6) Reconnect the battery negative cable.

I was surprised to find out that the cigarette lighter only works in my truck with the key in the on position but the accessory socket works all of the time. The inside of the lighter socket was dirty when I bought the truck 2 years ago so it needed cleaning before it would work for my cell phone charger. I think I'm going to go into my power distribution center to pick up the 12 volts that I need for the back lighting on the fuel gauge that I installed on Thursday.

I think I'm going to go into my power distribution center to pick up the 12 volts that I need for the back lighting on the fuel gauge that I installed on Thursday.

I wired my fuel light to the #14 fuse inside the truck. By doing that when I dim the dash lights it dims the fuel pressure gauge as well.

• Owner

I wired my fuel light to the #14 fuse inside the truck. By doing that when I dim the dash lights it dims the fuel pressure gauge as well.

Another cheat if you got a aftermarket stereo installed most of the time you got a adapter kit for the wiring. If you look at the orange wire it should be the panel illumination. since my stereo doesn't use it I just it for the A-pillar...

That would have been sweet but I still have the factory radio. It's too cold to work outside today so I'll just chill and look a it tomorrow. I went for a ride this morning and found out that my O-ring on the lid of the factory fuel filter was out of place since yesterday and allowing some fuel to flow out the lid. Well I smell like diesel fuel again but that's ok with me :-)