• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

headlight help

Drying / sealing headlight assembly: http://vehicle-maintenance.wonderhowto.com/how-to/prevent-remove-condensation-inside-headlights-166345/

Nothing wrong with forced air drying like the video but on a dry day, it might only require bulb removal & a shop vac. Before I removed the headlight assembly, I think I'd take the chance of re-sealing all available seals. Sheila's Subaru the OEM bulbs lasted for years... yet the replacements had about 6 month bulb life on the H1 bulbs it took. Local auto parts just kept selling me bulbs... the same crappy bulbs... I found there ARE long light H1s made & ordered through NAPA... ALTROM ATR64150. I ordered a few but I didn't really get to test the longevity because the head gasket job failed & the shop would not stand behind their work... CPM Auto in Coventry, RI... claimed a cracked head. WELL, she gave the car to her sister whose BF runs a machine shop... trailered the car to Maine. Arse H*le shop hadn't planed the heads. Sister has driven the back several times over the last 2 years. I'd look at what bulbs you buy & buy a brand name with a life expectancy rating. Seems to me that bulbs are sold only by price. Some of the "bright' bulbs have much less life expectancy which I factor in.

well I think i found out how to keep moisture out now and i tryed a small hole on the bottom side just to let it breath better and the moisture has been going away now and it only has been a couple of days so im going to try that and if i have to seal that hole up it will be easy to do it. thanks for the help guys

well I think i found out how to keep moisture out now and i tryed a small hole on the bottom side just to let it breath better and the moisture has been going away now and it only has been a couple of days so im going to try that and if i have to seal that hole up it will be easy to do it. thanks for the help guys

i had this issue with water being forced into mine and sloshing breaking bulbs. i drilled a small hole in the bottom but eventually the lens yellowed and looked like crap now i got projector unit replacements and hid. i can see!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well i tried doing the silicon around the headlights last week and seems to be keeping moisture out but not as good as i thought. Maybe i missed a spot but i took my time when putting it on and letting it dry. where did you buy your headlight and HID from and what did you pay? I might be thinking of getting them if bulbs keep braking on me.