headlight help

Drying / sealing headlight assembly: http://vehicle-maintenance.wonderhowto.com/how-to/prevent-remove-condensation-inside-headlights-166345/

Nothing wrong with forced air drying like the video but on a dry day, it might only require bulb removal & a shop vac. Before I removed the headlight assembly, I think I'd take the chance of re-sealing all available seals. Sheila's Subaru the OEM bulbs lasted for years... yet the replacements had about 6 month bulb life on the H1 bulbs it took. Local auto parts just kept selling me bulbs... the same crappy bulbs... I found there ARE long light H1s made & ordered through NAPA... ALTROM ATR64150. I ordered a few but I didn't really get to test the longevity because the head gasket job failed & the shop would not stand behind their work... CPM Auto in Coventry, RI... claimed a cracked head. WELL, she gave the car to her sister whose BF runs a machine shop... trailered the car to Maine. Arse H*le shop hadn't planed the heads. Sister has driven the back several times over the last 2 years. I'd look at what bulbs you buy & buy a brand name with a life expectancy rating. Seems to me that bulbs are sold only by price. Some of the "bright' bulbs have much less life expectancy which I factor in.

well I think i found out how to keep moisture out now and i tryed a small hole on the bottom side just to let it breath better and the moisture has been going away now and it only has been a couple of days so im going to try that and if i have to seal that hole up it will be easy to do it. thanks for the help guys

well I think i found out how to keep moisture out now and i tryed a small hole on the bottom side just to let it breath better and the moisture has been going away now and it only has been a couple of days so im going to try that and if i have to seal that hole up it will be easy to do it. thanks for the help guys

i had this issue with water being forced into mine and sloshing breaking bulbs. i drilled a small hole in the bottom but eventually the lens yellowed and looked like crap now i got projector unit replacements and hid. i can see!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well i tried doing the silicon around the headlights last week and seems to be keeping moisture out but not as good as i thought. Maybe i missed a spot but i took my time when putting it on and letting it dry. where did you buy your headlight and HID from and what did you pay? I might be thinking of getting them if bulbs keep braking on me.