• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exploded View Of a Bosch VP44 pump

I didn't know the  4 cylinders  used the vp44  pump..  I thought they  went from  old style  rotary,  then  either  p7100 or  rotary,  then  cp3.   

In fact,   the  cp3 16 valve  4bt  was  out  in ~1999.        Ah, well,      it's a pretty big  world,  with  lots of   different  end uses.

That   'cam'  that actually   follows the  roller in the  'high pressure'  side...      I'd  think  that could be up  for  possible   'tweaking' by the  aftermarket/ full tilt  guys.    (not saying  there isn't  a  lot   that can be done   electronically  already!)   

It'll be nice to  see  actual  parts  on the bench!     Good thread.

• 2 weeks later...

ok,  now that  I've  got  some  serious  searching done on  'yotas'..(yah,  I just  bought one...sue me  ha)    I see their  4cyl  diesel  1vz te     has  VERY similar   IP  to the  vp 44.     It's    similarly   controlled   (timing and   fuel amount)  with   inputs  from   IAT,  exaust temp,  boost,  and  throttle  position.   via   ecm.       lookin at it  you'd swear its  a mini  version of our  VP44     (horizontal  rotary with a little  'box'  with wires on top)

NO,  this motor  was never  allowed in the states..  too bad for us, the consumer,  but  GOOD  for the  big three!