• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog WOO HOOO

Ok.. I am trying to figure out here what is wrong with hanging the AD outside the framerail and how the filter hang to low?.Every short bed I have seen done and mounted outside the frame rails hangs higher than the FASS I have with the larger filters and they are nowhere near as low as mine.His hangs lower than the transfer case skid plate which is alot lower than where it would have mounted on the frame. I am not a big fan of guys running alot of pressure in a 24v application as it will lead to early failure of the Vp just as low pressure will.Spring it or adjust it to between 18-20psi and leave it alone and you will be fine anything above 20 constant and your going to have the OFV fail and then your on the road to failure as it will never maintain the proper pressure.

It did come with an extra spring. A 17 pound spring. I guess that gives me something to mess with next weekend

Mine doesn't hang lower than the t-case skid plate, and it's mounted on the outside of the frame. I would have loved to have had mine mounted between the t-case and the fuel tank, but with the NV5600 tranny there's no room for the 90 degree mount that Pureflow supplies with out some custom fabbing.

• Like 1

Very nice looking install, clean, professional, I don't suppose you wrote down any of the dimensions for the bracket you fabricated for us non-welding types that would have to take it somewhere for someone to weld? Or will it be pretty much self-explanatory. Just planning ahead, thanks, and again, nice install and pics.