• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

AirDog WOO HOOO

I used one of the plates supplied to weld on a piece of 3/8ths flat bar and a gusset so I could mount it square to the frame between the tank and t case.

Posted Image.

I have a half inch gap between the tank and the unit and plenty of room to get to the plugs on the t case.

I used a russel fitting for a good spot on the vp to monitor fuel pressure.

Posted Image

Not the one I got. From what I've heard the mount like moparman got is not available anymore ??. Also I had to hunt all over town for more 90 degree fittings to make it work.You will need the extra 90's if you mount square to the frame instead of parallel to get the hoses pointed in the right direction.

Nice job!! So the mounting bracket that comes with it wont work on a short bed?

It might, but it will be a pain in the rear end. I did not want it mounted outside the frame. And on a short bed 4wd mounting it inside the frame between the tank and t case there is not enough room to work on it like tightening the fittings and such. I also re did the wiring harness that came with it by cutting it down and re soldering to make it shorter so there's not alot of extra wire looped up. LB

Ok..I am trying to figure out here what is wrong with hanging the AD outside the framerail and how the filter hang to low?.Every short bed I have seen done and mounted outside the frame rails hangs higher than the FASS I have with the larger filters and they are nowhere near as low as mine.His hangs lower than the transfer case skid plate which is alot lower than where it would have mounted on the frame. I am not a big fan of guys running alot of pressure in a 24v application as it will lead to early failure of the Vp just as low pressure will.Spring it or adjust it to between 18-20psi and leave it alone and you will be fine anything above 20 constant and your going to have the OFV fail and then your on the road to failure as it will never maintain the proper pressure.

• Owner

Problem with me...:wow: I go offroad quite often in the summer... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/picture.php?albumid=3&pictureid=246 So now seeing all the branches and sticks the fuel filter outside the frame is a big nono to me because I would for sure wipe the out first shot with a branch. Then be walking home 35 miles... This is why I ditch the flat mount on the outside of the frame rail or even the inside. mine is tucked up against the transfer case with the skid plate protection the filters mostly. The only weak spot I got is if I back up it would be possible to stick them yet but 2 years going no problems!