• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Trans keeps going into limp mode, no first gear

I have an 01" qcsb. Since almost a year ago, every time I pull my camper down the interstate, I will loose first gear. Now, I do tow in overdrive, camper only weighs 5k. I am thinking when the governor sensor blows, is when it downshifts into third. I have changed the sensor three times myself, along with the governor transducer. After the third time I dropped it off at the dealer, didn't have the time or patience to look at it again. They changed the solenoid under warranty twice, the second time they changed the overdrive solenoid I believe? Which included a harness that plugs into the governor solenoid that keeps going. So basically, the governor solenoid has been changed, a lot. The transducer has been changed. The harness has been changed. What else is left? Oh, and to add, the first time it did this, I wasn't towing, I was on the interstate for a three hour trip.

Not getting any codes.. Checked them the first two times, and I have had a temp gauge on it, never got above 140 degrees. It's got a maghytec deep pan, holds around 6 extra quarts....suppose the trans temp sensor could be out? Think there is a dash light for that, not sure. But if you change the govn solenoid, it's fine.

Where are you getting your solenoids from? I have been getting mine from cascade transmission parts (their website is down right now). If I remember right, the stock ones are about the size of a 5/8" socket and the ones I get are like 7/8 or 1" socket size. I have never had one go out after I installed them and they drastically change the way the truck shifts.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you getting your solenoids from? I have been getting mine from cascade transmission parts (their website is down right now). If I remember right, the stock ones are about the size of a 5/8" socket and the ones I get are like 7/8 or 1" socket size. I have never had one go out after I installed them and they drastically change the way the truck shifts.

Stock GPS top left, Borg Warner Hybrid top right. (from when I replaced mine.)

Posted Image