• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel fuel additive??

• Owner

how much 2 cycle would be to much or harmful? wouldn't it clog up the turbo faster?

Huh??? Anything under 100:1 ratio is too much or plain wasteful. 12V and 24V trucks 128:1 is normal dose CR Engines up to 2007 is 200:1 ratio is very safe. 2008 and up are to suggested unless all DPF, Cat, and EGR is removed. Clog the turbo? Umm you don't pour it in the turbo you pour in the fuel tank. The oil is completely consumed before entering the exhaust side of the turbo so turbo clogging is a Internet myth.

Simple home lab results to find out. Take and pour 1 ounce of any product into a small open container. Then take 1 ounce of 2 cycle oil and pour it in a separate open container. Leave out for 48 hours. Now measure both products again and taking note of resulting substance. But I'll let you do the test for yourself.

So will gasoline and diesel fuel. What's your point? :confused: JR

• Owner

So will gasoline and diesel fuel. What's your point? :confused: JR

Gives you an idea to what the product is made out of. Actually in 48 hours diesel will not evaporate very much because the xylene in the fuel is very small amount typically 0.1% at best. So doing sample of fuel additives like this give you idea of the lubricant in the products. Because if it got a true lubricant it will be left behind after the all the cetane boosters evaporate off (xylene, mineral spirits, naptha, napthalene, etc.). Because oils normally don't evaporate.
  • Like 1

Gives you an idea to what the product is made out of. Actually in 48 hours diesel will not evaporate very much because the xylene in the fuel is very small amount typically 0.1% at best. So doing sample of fuel additives like this give you idea of the lubricant in the products. Because if it got a true lubricant it will be left behind after the all the cetane boosters evaporate off (xylene, mineral spirits, naptha, napthalene, etc.). Because oils normally don't evaporate.

Your absolutely right oils do not evaporate. This is an apples to oranges comparison. I cannot post the studies because it is in pdf form but if you look at the Schaeffers website it has been proven to retain stability in fuel longer than untreated fuel itself. Wether or not it will evaporate in an open container is irrelevant that is not how it is designed to be used it is designed to be mixed in with the fuel. It has passed both Cummins approved testing standards L-10 and N-14 (both adopted by ASTM) Again there has been many many more tests performed with Schaeffers products than ever has been performed with 2 cycle oil. 2 cycle has never been recognized by Cummins or anyone else as a legitimate lubricant. Even that test you like to post on the HFFR score backs that up. I can't stress enough I'm not looking to start another debate I understand your very biased towards 2 cycle oil and as a result so are alot of others. That's ok but it seems like there is an opinion here that TCW3 is the only acceptable additive on the market and that is simply untrue. There are better products out there. JR