• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Violent Shake when i hit a bump

Hi Guys,This started about a week ago i was driving downt he road when i hit a significant bump. Immediately my truck started to shake, up and down, like it was bouncing down the road. I can to a stop and check out everything, i didnt see anything out of the ordinary so i went on my way. When i started rolling again the shake was gone. The episodes have been becoming more frequent it happened 2 today in a 10 mile drive. Has anyone one see this or ran into this? i took it to the shop today and they told me everything seemed tight. But i know something is seriously wrong.

The first thing to check is your trac bar. The ball end seems to be the main wear point. Just remember, when you check everything else all it takes is a little movement in the trac bar, plus a little in a tie rod, plus a little in a ball joint, plus......well, you can see how it all adds up.

I'm trying to find it, but I read something not too long ago that discussed about a cheap fix that would eliminate the death wobble. Because even if you replace the bad part(s), you will still suffer from it again. Alot of it, IIRC, said that its due to the fact that one end of the track bar is a bushing, but the other end is a joint. A joint that is eccentric. There is some sort of sleeve deal that you install on it that will fix it.Give me a little and I will try and find the article on it. I could have sworn it was on Geno's garage...

My jeep started doing that crap. It got worse and worse until the stuff on the floor was on the dash. Oddly enough, rotating the tires fixed it. Was doing it 10 times a day, hasn't done it for a month now since rotating. No clue what the deal is. It was the passenger side front.

Lukes link makes a good fix for the trac bar, spendy but it changes it so once you have their track bar you can replace the bushings on it for a fraction of the cost. (genos garage has it and a couple different variations) Also have heard people who have trouble with this are running worn out tires or load range D, a buddy bought a brand new set for his 97 and his truck did it terribly. might explain the issue being fixed on the heap ISX ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So the tires have made it much better but it happened once the other day so I will follow up once I test the steering components update: I have found some info on genos garage for anyone else dealing with this problem. Follow this link and there is some info at the top of the page along with a few more links. http://www.genosgarage.com/Steering-and-Suspension/departments/140/ Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk