• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Arrrrrrrrrr mike!

pepsi71ocean

Its not too hard to find old injector bodies and it is easy to make one from there, nothing invested but a gauge and a little time to build it.:thanks:Having worked at many diesel shops over the years I don't think I have ever seen or used a commercially made compression tester, every place had home made ones from old injectors for every brand and type of engine.

I'm going to get him to rule out the injectors next before pulling the engine open. Bearing/rod doesn't create white smoke issues from the exhaust. That's what got me stumped is the smoke is combined with the knock.

Bad computer vp44? Causing improper injection timing?

When the truck first starts up, the way it is parked the back is facing into the sun i have a good visible blue smoke, and then it goes from blue to white(ish) to nothing, but the noise i hear is not evident on any other 2nd gen truck i have driven in. It is not as bad as my buddy who had a bad hp line, (complete dead cylinder), but at the same time mine sounds like a banging of quarters together when it is running. thus far, i have been through 2 vp-44's and 3 sets of injectors.Now here is the f-ed up part. As per mike i decided to clean my cross over tubes, and lines, because i did agree and i don't think mike knew how bad they really were. well anyways this blue smoke and the sever timing knock (which got worse) didn't happen till after i cleaned them. Now all but 1 injector line is snug, line to cylinder 4, seem to be buried into the head, like literally it is about flush with the head, unlike the rest of my nuts which have 3-5 threads on them. So with a good compression check, and sanding down my lines and tubes created a worse knock, so im hoping that it is either a bad line (or lines), or cross over tubes.If you wanted to say that when i listen to the truck it (the engine), lacks a hollow sound, and instead sounds out of sync. A poor mans compression test by pulling the FCPM relay provided next to nothing for evidence, but i suspected i heard some pinging, but still im not sure what i hear since this noise does come and go with temperature at times (before i parked the truck). this however becomes very noticeable above 15lbs of boost when towing.I currently am going to pick up some lines from a guy up north to swap onto my truck in hopes that this will solve or at least point me in a direction.EDIT: i forgot to mention that during my compression test my vp-44 kept spitting diesel fuel out, almost a gallon total by the time i was done with all 3 tests.