• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1926 Snow Machine

dorkweed

Might need that here by me today!!! It's snowing like a __________ (insert your own colorful metaphor)!!!! The weather liars are calling for about 10-12" today, tonite and early tomorrow!!:hyper::hyper: Not working today, because I don't want to be out towing my work trailer with all the crazies out there in the snow!!!!:woot::woot::wow::wow:

I saw that thing at work a year ago, very neat. That would take a lot of creativity to come up with something like that. Be neat if it would float across a pond..As for all the damn snow, we got 6" dumped on us overnight. I finally got back at my roommate though. He once said "if it's not 4wd, keep walking". I watched him try and back out of his spot in his 4wd f150, spinning like crazy, having to go back and forth. Of course fords limited slip on those 98-01? models never seem to work right so he spins one front and one back. So I said hmm, watch and learn. Pulled forward into his spot, backed back up the incline into my spot, never spinning. I shant be hearing his crap anymore. :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the old days.Nice tie on farmer Joe.I wonder why there isnt an off shoot of that.Maybe cant fix a good thing.There's got to be a story why it diddnt catch on.

It's no wonder it didn't catch on 84 years ago. Most people were more worried about surviving then buying a gadget. Also assembly lines, manufacturing techniques, and shipping where still in a period of development and refinement. I admit it is cool, but it was probably far from in the budget for most farms and households 84 years ago.

yea, but think of all the unpassable areas! i think i remember something about a highway to alaska that construction was at a stand still because of snow/ice/permafrost. for some reason it seems like i watched history channel about that...or maybe it was a dream? any ways, couldn't a trailer on skis be pulled by that beast?