• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Rubber Roof... leaking... *&^%$#!

Wife went out to check the camper. Despite the new roof covering, there is water leaking from the skylight and the wall near that window. It could be leaking from either place or both? Once the water gets inside the ceiling... it could run anywhere. I dug out the guy's number but am not going to ruin his Thanksgiving... I'll ruin his Friday instead. *&^%$#!

• Staff

Wish you were close.... I'd run over and take a good look :wow:. There are ways many rv guys don't know about that I learned working in a boat yard. I have sealed many leaks on friends rv's and boats with never a problem. I usually go to the extreme, like cleaning the area to be caulked with white rags andsafe solvents till the rag shows no more dirt can be removed before caulking. Sealing between the mating surfaces of the parts (i.e. between skylight and rubber roof membrane and then seal the outside too after the lite is mounted.Man... I wish I could help.

Yes, I'm going to have to go back to my repair guy. The worse leak in the front appears fixed. He'll have to investigate possible sources of leakage. I hope it does not have to go back into his shop as that's a PITA... but if it must, it must. With what we paid, it ought not to leak.

• Staff

To me guaranteed is knowing how to get it right the first time. I told the rv manufacturer about my problems with leaks on a brand new rig. I went in for one repair. After that I said no more, thank you anyways. I did it myself after that.