• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

had a funny display on the overhead..

it was 'CCd' on the overhead display for awhile. I toggled through the different displays, and finally just turned it off. When I restarted the truck awhile later, all seemed ok.on another matter, truck refused to start 5 days ago, plugged in overnight, and battery charger to boot. I gave up quickly just because I had 3 tractors 'dead' from crap fuel that needed attention first! This morning It got up to 25*, so I tried it! It stumbled to life and within 3 seconds it suddenly was running on all 6 cylinders. Perfectly. Other than 30-40* warmer than last Friday, I didn't do anything different: same fuel, same filter...Possible there was a minute amount of ice somewhere that had something 'stuck' in the vp44? I had reasonably good flow 'post filter' when FRRP was running! I took the filter out and confirmed there was no snot on filter, or ice in bottom of canister, all looked fine, ( very unlike all my tractors that needed EVERYTHING cleaned and/or replaced in the past 4 days)over on AGTALK.com (forum for farmers/ranchers) lots of guys from Kansas through North Dakota are in the same boat as me with recent 'blended' fuels..

Ccd stands for chrysler collision detection. Few things can make that show up. Could be the plug on the cluster or even the harness that plugs into the pdc under the hood, it has a bolt that goes threw it that never gets tight, it just seems perma stripped from the factory. Just make sure they are all plugged in securely. I think there are other things that can cause it too these are just my experiences.

LOL< here I was worried that the truck thought it was involved in a crash... collision in this case refers to a 'pile up' of signals! Hopefully with all the hard starts, sub par cranking voltage, multiple attempts at jump starting this past week is what triggered it. Thanks guys!