• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Isspro Gauge Problems

Hey guys and gals. There are some funky things going on with my Isspro gauges. I have the EV1's just for reference. First off I was driving down the road today and the mechanical fuel pressure gauge just started making this loud buzzing sound. The needle bounced in time with the buzzing and followed the engine rpm rise and fall. I am running a needle valve for the gauge adjusted as per Moparmans's video so I dont think the waterhammer could have taken it out. Did my gauge just crap out just because??

Next, the pyro. Over the last month there has been an issue right when I first turn the key on. The needle will bounce around and peg to both sides of the gauge for about 2 minutes then settle out to the normal readings. This gauge does have the external amp box. It seems to follow the alternator cycling for the first couple minutes of the engine running. Is that gauge dead too?

Sorry for the novel. I will also try calling Isspro this week and see what they say. Thanks for all tips!!!

That buzzing does sound like the dreaded water hammer. Close your needle valve a bit more and see if it goes away. For your pyro, you would not be the first one I have heard about that the amplifier failed, but check the connections and clean the ground for it.

• Like 1

• Owner

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to gauges any more. I would rather have full mechanical gauge if possible. Pyrometers with amplifiers and fuel pressure gauges with electric sender are just asking for a issue. But like my old DiPricol gauges are true mechanical and still going long after the company has closed their doors.

• Like 1

Im in the same boat as you mike. I would way rather have mechanical gauges all the way around. Every other gauge I have is mechanical. This is what I get for wanting all matching gauges I guess. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow so I will check it out then. I still cant believe my mechanical isspro fuel pressure gauge quit working already. I have always run a needle valve barely cracked since I put the gauge in.