• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Sounds like a plan to me. Not sure how you are going to get the pressure but instead of running the engine, just blip the starter and that should kick the lift pump on for 25 seconds, then just turn the key off to turn the pump off, and if it happens to get out of control, at least it will only be 25 seconds of fuel lol.

I never worried about bleeding the line but you can of you want. But over time you'll get air bubble back in the line from doing other fuel system work...

So how did you install gauge without isolator? Did you just connect both ends, and it gets enough fluid in the line to give an accurate pressure reading? It seems to me that with the gauge end of the fuel line closed off that fuel would not be able to get to the gauge needle resulting in an inaccurate pressure reading. I've never done this before, so don't know how it all plays out. Thanks.

Alright I had to figure out the workings of my fuel heater. Never looked at it much. I don't know anything about what yours looks like so I wouldn't know. I'll take a good pic tomorrow and we can compare and see how identical they are. I bet there is something different. Dang, sorry bout the mud, melting snow and gravel roads :lol3:

post-45-138698163183_thumb.jpg

Edited by ISX