• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Most I Can Get Out Of My Stock Turbo

so i was thinking after i get my tranny built up i was thinking 100hp ddp stixs and a bd super b single turbo is that a good match? will my fass hold that fuel? and would i have to get headstuds?

100 hp injectors with a BD super B is going to be a hot combo, I ran the Super B with 90 hp BD injectors and it would run the limit pretty steady when towing, definitely do not go any bigger than 90-100 hp injectors with a super b, you will be driving by the pyro with your foot if you do from experience on my 02 auto that had BD single disc converter and BD VB and BD torque lock.

Fass will be fine and if you keep your boost at or below 40 psi no studs are needed either.

I ran my 02 with 155hp BD injectors with an II silver 62 at 560 hp for about 90+ k miles and sold it with a bit over 150K and it still had the original OEM head gasket and head bolts undisturbed and my gate was set at 40 psi but I saw 42 on the gauge many times when racing or power pulling depending on the conditions.

Edited by Wild and Free

100 hp injectors with a BD super B is going to be a hot combo, I ran the Super B with 90 hp BD injectors and it would run the limit pretty steady when towing, definitely do not go any bigger than 90-100 hp injectors with a super b, you will be driving by the pyro with your foot if you do from experience on my 02 auto that had BD single disc converter and BD VB and BD torque lock.

Fass will be fine and if you keep your boost at or below 40 psi no studs are needed either.

I ran my 02 with 155hp BD injectors with an II silver 62 at 560 hp for about 90+ k miles and sold it with a bit over 150K and it still had the original OEM head gasket and head bolts undisturbed and my gate was set at 40 psi but I saw 42 on the gauge many times when racing or power pulling depending on the conditions.

Did u have the Super b single or the superb special

• Owner

Remember if you using a exhaust brake on the stock turbo your going to be stuck there with the stock turbo unless you upgrade to a inline exhaust brake. With my +50HP Injectors and Edge Comp I'm pretty close to limits as well EGT's and boost wise. So I would say Wild and Free is close to the mark as well.

I don't use an exhaust brake. really just use my truck for driving to work fishing all that good stuff I don't haul anything we got bigger rigs n14 <3 to do that. Last time I ever hauled anything was a little trailer that held 11 big rims n tires filled with air. Pretty heavy tires

• 2 weeks later...

good thing about the super-b is if you decide to stick a s400 frame charger under it later - its easy and a more importantly a good match to notch you up another 200HP.

Like W&F said - good place to start ........ that transmission is not going to hold if your using that power heavy ....so your either going to have to use it as a core eventually or when it starts to go have it rebuilt onsite.