• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mp3 Music, Best Cheapest Music Source/player?

Wild and Free

OK so I am usually about 5+ years behind the curve in technology, just the way I roll. Here is the deal my wife has had an I-Pod mini she got as a gift a few years ago and uses it while running so along comes me I buy an el-cheapo $14 walmart special mini mp3 player and a portable speaker for it and get it home and decide to do some music down loads but I do not know where the best site is to get the music from? 

My wife has an I-tunes account that links directly to her I-pod mini and downloads directly from site to device.

I read the directions on my el-cheapo and I have to download music to my computer first and then transfer to the device, should I just return it and buy an I-pod mini at 4 times the price Since my wife has an I-tunes acct already and it would be a huge time saver to load music to or just bite the bullet and use the one I have even though it will be a pain in the but to load music on?

What are your thoughts on best music source and best player? I have started working out a lot now too and see the benefit of having ones favorite music to stay motivated during the workouts.

Can one download music from I-tunes for generic mp3 players?

Sorry for being extreme non techy when it comes to these things.

Edited by Wild and Free

Your wife already has an account, basically everything you mentioned...  Trying to learn something new especially if you aren't tech savy is just a PITA.  Ipods are tried and true.  You can get them on ebay or craigslist for next to nothing.  

However, there are like 5 or maybe even more versions of them so you might try and get the same one she has so there is a common knowledge.  

My dad was telling me that his company has a plant in germany and they use the same motor for everything, generally.  Meaning they stock a 1HP, maybe a 5HP, increments like that.  Everything 1 or less (within reason) has to use that motor.  In the warehouse, they only stock that motor.  Cheap, easy, they know everything about it.  Unlike plants here that have different motors on everything based on where they bought it.  So it's similar to the deal you have.  Your wife already has it, knows it, so get the same one and you are golden.  

• Like 2

She has the smallest cheapest one they make called an I-pod mini, no screen just a couple of buttons, I would like one with a small screen.

How about music sources, stick with I-tunes then as it is so easy to deal with?

Edited by Wild and Free

Yeah.  I think all the versions are pretty alike and being just an MP3 player its not really rocket science.  But the itunes will sync easily with yours and hers and yeah, very very simple.  Theres a reason every 10 year old has one and can easily use it.  

These are the 2 from my sister.  If you don't mind pink, you can have that one.  The other is the size of your cell phone lol.  The pink one is color, 1/4" thick, plays movies etc.  

post-44-0-46318400-1393078624_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Ahh... The yes iPod.

Still even then I've got a portable CD player (MP3 ready). Just yank my disc out of the truck and play it in the portable with computer speakers or ear buds. The only reason I never got into iPod was the battery issue. Being most all my portable devices at home are AA batteries and my Fire Bag and SAR's bag have AA batteries so I can enjoy music all the time and never worry about finding a USB charger. Just another point of view...

• Owner

I dunno if the P2P thing is still going or not. Might not even be worth the risk, either? Man.. I remember as kid burning all sorts of things and downloading off of shazaam and napster, etc. LOL! Man.. how things have changed.

Actually the P2P (Peer To Peer) is still very active but its all over bit torrents now. Usually go out and hunt for what your looking for on the Torrent search engines like Torrentz.eu and use a client like Vuze to do the downloading. Be surprise what's out there to download. I tend to be a bit smart and use Proxy servers, IP block List and other means to stay hidden. Now with the laptop I can use a WiFi connection in a public place and pick up music and not be to worried.

Well thanks to ISX I now have a pink I-pod. I downloaded an owners manual to figure it out enough to get going, I started my own apple acct and have about 75 songs loaded up on it and tried it out and got it working. :thumb1: 

Only thing I have not figured out is how to use the scroll ring, I can't seem to get it to respond to my dried out gorilla fingers very good, not sure what I am doing wrong. :banghead: 

I barely touch it one time and it scrolls through everything so fast I can't stop it then I can't get it to respond at all, I feel like a cat trying to cover up its stool pile only with one finger. :duh: 

He's talking about something he can use while working out...rather than opening the truck doors next to the gym.  

Yeah, but my gym is actually in my unfinished basement.

Started working out on the elipticle on January 7 and missed 3 days in the first week as we were on the go and not home, have not missed a day since and today marked the loss of 20#, about 25-30 more to go. :woot:

I scrolled all around with it when it was here.  You just have to be more precise lol.  The "wiser" generation is just too used to things that don't require a lot of precision, but as things get smaller you just have to learn.  We got my granny a computer and she was slamming the keyboard as if it was the same mechanical typewriter she had last used.  

Pink definitely made it stand out.  I thought the whole "manly color" thing goes out the window after you get out of school.  Though my dad walking around public places with my moms maltese and a pink leash is something I just won't do haha.  I will carry a pink purse around no prob.  Thats so far out there that I think people know it's not mine.  But the dog......no lol