• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cr Mpg Conversation

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Anything in the works for us old 3rd gen guys? You second gen guys just need to let them die in peace.................... :gun:

EFI Live turn it back to a single injector event. Then figure out a proper timing map being that most CR engine are pretty retarded in timing stock wise. (At least what I remember of AH64ID's Smarty post).

Interesting, I can't say I have ever seen a lack of pressure cause issues. They will fire with as little as 3K psi.

You can run into LONG duration times when you command a long duration at high pressure but the commanded pressure wont hold, but that won't damage the injectors it just runs the EGT's up and the hp down.

we have 2 early 04's that have had the injectors fail 3 times each. After the second set the shop we get our injectors from said they usually see this due to lack of fuel? after the third set we installed a second CP3 pump in each truck so far they have made it 10K further than the last set...  :shrug:  whats really bad is that these truck only have about 165K on them...

• Staff

EFI Live turn it back to a single injector event. Then figure out a proper timing map being that most CR engine are pretty retarded in timing stock wise. (At least what I remember of AH64ID's Smarty post).

3rd Gen's aren't very fond of single event tunes, there are some that run them but from what I gather they haze all the time. Most run a pilot for control and haze killing, a pilot is a good thing. In fact some run a post at low rpms to spool overly large singles, but most delete the post event.

we have 2 early 04's that have had the injectors fail 3 times each. After the second set the shop we get our injectors from said they usually see this due to lack of fuel? after the third set we installed a second CP3 pump in each truck so far they have made it 10K further than the last set...  :shrug:  whats really bad is that these truck only have about 165K on them...

Interesting, what kid of tuning are they running? Sure doesn't make any logical sense. The injectors operate at idle and WOT, they don't know the difference other than open time.

I would guess lack of fuel into the CP3 and not out of it, but hard to say with internet troubleshooting... I can tell you that what you are describing doesn't make sense and is not common for common rails. Your the first one I have ever heard of adding a CP3 to fix a failing injector issue. There are guys with 800+ on single CP3's, and 600 on stock CP3's, so unless the tune is to blame?????

Sounds like poor fuel and cheap filers to me.

• Like 1