• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Too Funny

YabbaDoo

Thanks to our wonderful economy... :duh:

Uh, no not really:

actually, I'm sitting at the Pilot in Bentleyville,PA because I ran low on hours.
Run low on hours and you can get busted for that. I got caught in Butte, Mt. about 25 years ago and it could have been a $700 fine then. DOT is way stickier on that now.

Pretty good, seems he like to sing a lot, he has quite a collection of videos on the tube.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgVNf8AKCwQj_wf8Oi1dh0w?feature=watch

The creepy thing is my nephew, my sisters little boy is only 10 years old and I can picture him looking exactly like this in 30 more years, they look eerily a lot alike.

Running low on hours is a real problem now days. Cant cheat your log books anymore with the big brother systems they have on most all trucks. Any company that has a significant fleet is running them. My dad has been driving for almost 30 years now, owned his own trucks/company, now he is driving a company truck. He is really contemplating getting back into his own truck so people arent breathing down his neck and watching every single move he makes.

It's not just Over the road truckers that have to follow the rules, all of our vender service Technicians who work out of a service truck in the field have to keep log books now too and can't run too much over 12 hour days travel included and IIRC 60 hour weeks and then need like 36 consecutive hours off before returning to work, not sure on the exact numbers.

• Like 1

The before tax numbers are much higher, but the take home pay is way higher driving someone elses truck. Your own truck you spend most of your off time servicing/fixing your truck (most of the time for free) and with somone elses truck you just park it and walk away..........

• Like 1

The before tax numbers are much higher, but the take home pay is way higher driving someone elses truck. Your own truck you spend most of your off time servicing/fixing your truck (most of the time for free) and with somone elses truck you just park it and walk away..........

Exactly. That is why my dad has been driving company trucks for a couple years. It is much easier on a person to go into the shop and put the bill on someone else's tab instead of your own. This is especially true with how fuel prices are now too. The only reason he would go back to owner/operating is because of the ridiculous big brother systems. They know exactly how fast he is going at whatever RPM the truck is at at any given time. They now can even tell if he is wearing a seat belt at any given time.