• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

About the Lincoln.....

YabbaDoo

• Owner

Sad the head gasket had to blow out on you. I agree with the guys do you homework and research and find out if there was any weakness or issues with parts and correct them now before buying more stock OE part that might cause issues later again. But I would upgrade everything I could. :evilgrin:

Hmmm... Heads are off you should take the time and slip a beefy cam in it. :cool:

A lot of times you can put a "beefier" cam in and get better mileage! That is PROVIDED you keep your foot out of it...... I had a 1976 F150 with a 360 in it. I was getting 9 mpg. I put a cam in it and dual exhaust then the mileage went to 14 mpg.

Wonder if you didnt have a plugged exhaust on that old ford. I had a 1976 F250 with a bone stock 390. I averaged about 12-14 all that time in that truck. Still had good power too. Man I miss that old thing sometimes though.

I kind of doubt it since the truck had 27K miles on it when I got it but you never know. The guy I bought it from lived a mile from his work. He drove it a mile up a hill in the morning and a mile down the hill in the evening. I also put new rings in it too.

• Like 1

• Owner

And are you paying for said "Beefy" Cam Mike and added fuel that it will take to run her?? :lmao:   Stock will be just fine... :thumb1:

No different than my truck beefer injectors and Edge Comp and went from 16-17 MPG stock to 22-23 MPG AVG and high mark of 27 MPG. Do your homework I bet you can find all kinds of smog related designed parts in that engine possibly gain some MPG from it too.

Heck even the 1996 Dodge 1500 I manage to improve the MPG's on it with a Mopar Performance PCM and a intake gasket (huge vacuum leak). Still can reach about 15-17 MPG AVG with it.

It's all about learning what the manufacture did to said vehicle to meet EPA requirements. Kind of like 3rd gens with it shorten exhaust cam lobe to make for a in-cylinder EGR event.

Let's just say one of my Mom's nick names was Little old Lady of Pasco County... I remember if we ever happened to pull up next to each other at a light we would always take off the line burning tires :burnout: !!!! Mom in her Lincoln (she was in her 70's :thumb1: ) and me in either my little truck or my 74 Buick Apollo :wink:

Well I sort of got the gasket kit for the Lincoln today... Well the gasket kit arrived today as expected however, even though the part # on the outside of the box was correct, the interior contents of the box were a mishmash of gaskets some of which had been used :doh:  My heads have been ready since Tuesday and only waiting on the gasket set to arrive to give the machine shop the valve seals... Oh, and by the way.... this odd set of gaskets had 0 valve seals in the box :cry:  Did I mention the part # on the box was Correct/// however, Not 1 gasket in the box was a gasket for my car :cry: Oh and it was factory sealed...post-1978-0-29284700-1399081589_thumb.jppost-1978-0-14070800-1399081592_thumb.jppost-1978-0-97161300-1399081594_thumb.jppost-1978-0-40488400-1399081597_thumb.jppost-1978-0-97997000-1399081599_thumb.jppost-1978-0-02556100-1399081606_thumb.jp   Advance did step to the plate though... They are sending me a 45.00 gift card and my parts will be at the store 3 miles from me in the am :thumb1:

• Owner

:omg::wtf:

That's just wrong your first picture of a used head gasket in the box and the second with a torn gasket. I'm glad someone step up to the plate and deals with stuff like that yet. I've gotten computer parts in the mail that have been used man talk about being pissed off. Even for personal stuff it sure sucks when your time line is riding on the parts.

• Like 1

Geez, that would be enough to piss off the Good Humor Man........ Glad it is getting straightened out. I would be opening the package before I left the parts counter.

The first set was mailed to me because it is not a Stocked item... I called the manager at the store just down the street from me and he had a set waiting for me this morning and yes, I opened the package at the counter :thumb1:  They even switched out the lower intake gaskets with rubber ones from an intake only set as the ones that came in the head set were cork... Even the picture shows rubber for those... Anyway I was able to drop off the valve seals to the machine shop and they will be ready  Monday :hyper:  They sure look Pretty :thumb1:post-1978-0-59428000-1399149333_thumb.jp