• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok the last of the metal wire netting has popped under my driver seat and now I'm basically sitting in a lawn chair. Anyone have an ideal if theres a company making aftermarket seats? I've looked around but no one has is making a seat that will accommodatefor the built in seat belt. Has anyone delt with this proble yet?

Not sure on the belts. I have never had to replace them before. Come to think of it, that might also be a question for the upholstery shop. Even if they dont handle them, I am sure they would know where to get them. I am sure they would have had to replace seat belts at one point or another.

If you mean not many vehicles have seat belts that are seat mounted, think about this though. Pretty much any truck that has a quad (extended) cab that has opening suicide style back doors, it probably has those types of seat belts. That way the people in the front seat dont have to un buckle every time the back doors are opened. This would include Dodge, Ford, and GM full sized trucks with quad cabs. That, to me, is a lot of vehicles. I am sure there is a source for them, just not sure where.

How about looking for seats in the bone yard??? I found Leather seats at the bone yard for my 1994 1500 for $50.00 in 2001 ... I replaced them about 2 years ago with the Dark Gray Cloth seats because the driver seat finally became too worn and even though I loved the leather with the dogs I found the Dark Gray for a good price. When I went to the bone yard the first time I was actually looking for the Dark Gray and got luck finding the Dark Gray Leather :thumb1:

The left side of the cushion and cover are worn and beat down.........

That is why I had mine re done. This guy even had the OE cover material which I though was discontinued years ago. Put new foam in and recovered with all new material. Just like a brand new seat!!

My  son  dabbles  in  leather,  and  been   wanting to  try his hand  at   a  set of  seat covers  for me...

I  did  my  own  seats  in  my  '73 Cuda   (30 years ago)    using   'snowmobile seat   cover material'.  The grain  was almost a  match for the original.      Dang  stuff  never cracked,  but  when you jump into in on a hot summer  day...    Lets just say  rancherman don't wear  shorts!.. :wow:  :ahhh:

He's  found  a  pretty good source of  split  cowhide,  runs  about  30 bucks/yard..    Unfinished,  natural tan...       now  I just have to find  a 

'good enough'  seat to  dismantle,  panel by panel,  and  use  those as the patterns.    Definitely a  winter time job for me