• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

edge comp question

I inherited an edge comp when I bought my truck. The truck is basically stock and I can tell a difference when running the comp but not sure if Im getting the most out of it. I checked the wiring and everything appears to be correct. Should I be seeing any smoke? Truck seems to move pretty good I just dont have anything to compare it to.

• Owner

First make sure all sublevels are turn up to 5. Hold the power switch for 3 seconds when you release the sublevel will be display with quick flashing LED's. Do this for all main levels. To return to the main level just click OFF and and back ON. Solid LEDS should be shown (main level).

1x5

2x5

3x5

4x5

5x5

Then select 5x5 and test drive again.

There is a bug in the Comp software where if you set 4x1 and the 5x5 and select 5 level it will run doggy. But now correct 4x5 and 5x5 and select 5 level again it will roll coal with the best of them.

• Like 1

If the pump tap is just done with one of those scotch lock connectors, you might either redo it or look at getting a stealth plate. My comp was on my truck when I got it too and they had use the scotch lock that comes with the comp new. Mine had lost connection over time and it would cut in and out. I got the stealth plate and all the issues went away.

Thanks guys. Its funny because I ordered a stealth plate because I hate those scotch connectors. Ive been a fleet mechanic for a long time and every time I see one of those I cuss and cut it out. Anyway when I get back in town Ill check it out and do the settings like Mike said. THANKS

First make sure all sublevels are turn up to 5. Hold the power switch for 3 seconds when you release the sublevel will be display with quick flashing LED's. Do this for all main levels. To return to the main level just click OFF and and back ON. Solid LEDS should be shown (main level).

1x5

2x5

3x5

4x5

5x5

Then select 5x5 and test drive again.

There is a bug in the Comp software where if you set 4x1 and the 5x5 and select 5 level it will run doggy. But now correct 4x5 and 5x5 and select 5 level again it will roll coal with the best of them.

Finally made it home. Did the reset and she's rollin coal now. Thanks Mike!

Not to derail the thread, but do you guys ever notice how fast the timing kicks in when the sublevel is on 5? If I mash the go petal from a stop you can hear when the timing kicks in, it feels like it maybe loses a bit of power, smokes a lot, (engine is noisier from the timing change) then it spools, clears up and sounds good. 

Not to derail the thread, but do you guys ever notice how fast the timing kicks in when the sublevel is on 5? If I mash the go petal from a stop you can hear when the timing kicks in, it feels like it maybe loses a bit of power, smokes a lot, (engine is noisier from the timing change) then it spools, clears up and sounds good. 

Oh yeah I hear and feel it especially with having stacked tuners. I've been able to tune it out by making several adjustments with the Smarty and comp.