• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New CO emission reduction plans

shoot,   there  is   far more   wooded  acres  today,  than  when the  Country was founded.      Why?    wildfires  (or lack of these days)

When  my area  was  settled,    I   remember listening to my  wife's  grandfather  telling  us  there wasn't enough  trees   to  find a  stick to 'beat the dog'.  

The  Native  Americans   would  intentionally   set fire to the prairie,  in order to  keep the grass  fresh and  green...   The resulting  new fresh grass  made  the  buffalo  to come to THEM...    instead  of  the other way around.    Fire  is  a wonderful  way to  keep  grass   healthy, thick and  profitable.

These days,   I have to spend  a  lot of  time and  money to  keep the  Eastern  red cedar,  Siberian elm   from taking over  my  grass..    I'm afraid it's  almost  a losing battle!

• Owner

Other way around out here. Before the forest was kept health but selective harvesting and thinning of the forest. Now it too expensive for logging companies to meet the requirements of USFS or BLM so logging has come to nearly a stand still in Idaho nothing like it was 20 years ago. Now USFS has this idea fire is a natural clean up solution. Really???

post-1-0-62483100-1402238157_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-72942400-1402238168_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-89591900-1402238179_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-98831000-1402238190_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26290200-1402238202_thumb.jpg

Here is another take on it from a local conservative blog here in the state.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/war-on-coal-2/

good find Bill.   

I've  been wondering  for the past few years  on what may be our  'tipping' point   whether it would be   some  'war',  or  disease,  natural  disaster...  All of  which  the  US   has  seen..  ok,  not so much disease-wise,   but certainly  the  past  wars/manhunt  and   several   hurricanes  have  had to taken their toll.

We  have   swallowed  a pretty hefty   inflationary pill  these past  10 years..  can you imagine  taking away  the one   stable  electricity source would do to us?

s'pose  we'll just buy our  electricity from the  Chinese?