• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New CO emission reduction plans

I just  seen the   PBO's    initiative   of  furthering   CO  reduction,      another  30%. 

The  talking head on TV   said   the   Chinese,  Indian,  and  European  communities  are  watching   closely to 'make sure'  WE  are 'pulling our  weight'.   

...........  Really????........    Chinese   give  a  dang     about   what   WE  put in the  air??? 

Or     would there  be a   mandate  on the amount of  rubber  dog crap  being  shipped in  from  the  other side  of  the world... to help  with   CO  emissions!

............maybe they are concerned  on how 'we' are treating 'their'   investment/interests????.........

Edited by rancherman

• Staff

They say 'Chinese' to help take respobibility off our Gov't. officials for another tax that further erodes our freedom and persuit of happiness.

That is obvious since the Chinese don't care how much pollution they emit. So bad over there in some cities you need to wash the particulates off your car each day.

Just another pile of bs... way to make money without producing anything or working.

Edited by JAG1

It is very small minded of people to think that China who is building a better life for its citizens by providing power from coal just as we did during our industrial revolution to present to think they need to do it different than us and stay away from coal, the cheapest and most abundant form of energy on the planet.

Even our own legislatures realize after this cold winter we had that many of the coal fired plants in the eastern 1/3 of the country slated to come off line and be decommissioned in the next year or two were all running at 89% of capacity on top of all the other forms of energy, this is called base load power and can not be supplied reliably from renewable sources now matter how much they dream at night. 

Obamas dream of shutting down the base load grid from coal plants is a dream that will not come to life, it is not a realistic option at this point with the amount of demand on todays electrical grid.

• Like 1

Just remember one thing... "Nothing can be create or destroyed." So if I was to measure all the carbon in the world today it will be the same amount of carbon hundred years from now.

yep,  exactly..   

a couple of years ago,  I   tweeted  some feelings  I had on this whole debacle,  and  essentially it  was  

' Except for   the odd  rocket ship  (deep space)  or  the   meteorite/crap from space,  nothing  comes or goes  in  our   'system'....

I will concede there are times  'man'  probably can  tip the balance  on  how much is  'free'...  but   just  1  belch of  a  volcano   makes  our  piddly  existence  pretty  mute!

I  went on to   support  cows  on grass   .  whether or not they burp, belch. or fart.   It's simple! :   Grass grows,   and it grabs  CO  out of the air.    It  puts  O2  back to atmosphere,    and  the   C  is  sequestered in the  plant,  root ball,  and   eventually  the  soil...

So,   It doesn't  matter if  the  blades of grass   are   digested  in a  stomach of a cow,  or left   'un eaten'...    they  will  eventually  release  the  sequestered  CO .     Wild fire,  or  when the plant  dies in the   winter and  rots down next spring..  It  ALL  comes  back!   

I was approached  a few years back about   the  Carbon credit  thing..   Some  group/agency  wanted me  to  sign up for   sequestering  C,  in my  soil and  plants..  (are you kidding me? )  seriously,  talk about  the  perfect  racket!      Reward me  for  doing something my whole life,  and   generations  before me,   and    tax  the  people   ( industry,  consumers  etc..)  for   putting  out 'too much'..

Racket, racket, racket!!!    

Oh,  but  it  SURE  looked good  in  DC,  being 'green' and all!!  :rolleyes:    I think  that program  has fizzled,  at least  in the  'reward'  department!  I wouldn't be surprised if   'donations' are still being  accepted from the  Carbon liberators!

It is very small minded of people to think that China who is building a better life for its citizens by providing power from coal just as we did during our industrial revolution to present to think they need to do it different than us and stay away from coal, the cheapest and most abundant form of energy on the planet.

Even our own legislatures realize after this cold winter we had that many of the coal fired plants in the eastern 1/3 of the country slated to come off line and be decommissioned in the next year or two were all running at 89% of capacity on top of all the other forms of energy, this is called base load power and can not be supplied reliably from renewable sources now matter how much they dream at night. 

Obamas dream of shutting down the base load grid from coal plants is a dream that will not come to life, it is not a realistic option at this point with the amount of demand on todays electrical grid.

Nebraska has  2  nuclear  power plants.  1 has been  cold  since the   Japanese  tsunami/earthquake..  (plus that is  when  the  Missouri river was  out of it's banks too)..

I am also in the middle of a proposed  large  wind turbine project...  (and  the  XL  pipeline)        Can someone  tell me  if  they are so dang  concerned about  CO,  why the heck  are they even  considering  making  crude oil even more  plentiful????   and  at the same time   offering  incentives  for  these  'green' projects???     

Nebraska  really  is  pretty flush  with  electricity.  we have  the 2 aforementioned   nukes,   several  'paid for'  coal plants,  and   at least 3   hydroelectric  dams  off the  Missouri  river system...   and  the  result is   some of the  most affordable  juice in the Nation.

This  wind project is  slated to  have  all the  juice  go 'out of  state'... thus  connecting us 'to the grid'...  and  guess who pays  for this  hook-up fee??  yep.    I do.      Our     cheap  juice days  are gone with the wind!  (so to speak).

• Owner

I don't care if the fuel you buy is gasoline or diesel or any other liquid hydrocarbon. It all based on the chains of carbon and hydrogen the shorter the chains the lower the BTU's. Hence why gasoline is lower BTU's than diesel because diesel is a longer chain. Still in all the carbon is converted to carbon-dioxide, carbon monoxide, etc. Hydrogen burns and joins with oxygen again during the burning and creates water typically.

CO2 emissions.....................why in "Sam Hell" is the occupant of the white house "jet-setting" to Hawaii every chance he gets???  On "OUR DIME" no less.  He's the biggest hypocrite that's ever occupied the white house.

• Owner

How about the USFS out here in Idaho lighting controlled burns because its too expensive for logging companies to meet environmentalist requirements to log now. So USFS idea is to burn our forest instead of logging and cleaning up. You should see the massive scars of forest that are nothing but burnt tree poles. But there contrl burn files the canyons full of smake and CO2 emissions.

I believe that the world to a large degree is self regulating. Yes species come and go, but so what. There are pleanty of people in the world to make up for loss of animals, birds, fish. We will soon have the only utopian country in the world and be totally broke.

• Like 1

• Staff

I think Obama is pure American plastic (depending of course, where his birth certificate originates from). IHO, all he is doing is setting up a campaign direction for Hillary by trying to suck more Dems into voting for her with this phony ploy. He knows it works ,even without coherent reason, since Liberals will suck it all up out of rebellion and hate toward the Republican. I look at how they rebel without proper reason against God's precepts

Me..... I'm neither a Dem nor Rep. I vote out of reasoning with what God's law says.

The Bible even states that those concerned about the 'whole earth' near the end times will be on the wrong path to true faith.

The Bible also states thousands of years before the industrial revolution and invention of the combustion engine that the earth will become polluted near the end times.

Mopar Mike, I fully understand your point about CO. iT'S A VERY GOOD ONE indeed.

Makes things look like it's just another Government ploy.

I say they get no more money till they learn to live on a budget.

Edited by JAG1

I believe that the world to a large degree is self regulating. Yes species come and go, but so what. There are pleanty of people in the world to make up for loss of animals, birds, fish. We will soon have the only utopian country in the world and be totally broke.

"utopian"   Man,  THAT'S a  zillion dollar word!   

All the  special  interest groups  that  have  lobbied/whined  for   a  disease free, accident proof,  pure air/water,   crime free,  poverty free....  gun free,  std free,(ok  that one  goes into  disease catergory)  .AND  LAST BUT NOT LEAST..  FREEDOM FROM  RESPONSIBILITY/ Loss that occurs  on life's bumpy path...  (Mandatory insurance for just about every facet in our lives)     but  at the same time   they want  cheap plentiful food,  fuel, housing, clothing,   medical care, water, air, transportation, wilderness areas...   Unfortunately,   all these  things  need  taxable  income! 

I agree  with your  'self regulating'..  ...temp goes up,  more water vapor is in the  air, and the shading effect (clouds and fog)  cools the earth. pretty simple!   and  even  will  point out   the  well documented  'ice ages'  that  occurred  LONG  before  Mr. Cummins designed his first prototype!      CHANGE is   what keeps  this ol ball of mud   healthy,  and  prosperous.      Change  has been and  always will be  crucial  in our environment.   Just as   winter  melts away into spring,  new life starts.    Change 'weeds' out the  poorer genetics.   

..... oh,  but these days,  we can't 'leave' anyone behind!!!....... 

I think Obama is pure American plastic (depending of course, where his birth certificate originates from). IHO, all he is doing is setting up a campaign direction for Hillary by trying to suck more Dems into voting for her with this phony ploy. He knows it works ,even without coherent reason, since Liberals will suck it all up out of rebellion and hate toward the Republican. I look at how they rebel without proper reason against God's precepts

Me..... I'm neither a Dem nor Rep. I vote out of reasoning with what God's law says.

The Bible even states that those concerned about the 'whole earth' near the end times will be on the wrong path to true faith.

The Bible also states thousands of years before the industrial revolution and invention of the combustion engine that the earth will become polluted near the end times.

Mopar Mike, I fully understand your point about CO. iT'S A VERY GOOD ONE indeed.

Makes things look like it's just another Government ploy.

I say they get no more money till they learn to live on a budget.

^^^^^^^YEP! 

racket, racket, racket! ^^^^^^^^

• Staff

^^^^^^^YEP! 

racket, racket, racket! ^^^^^^^^

:)  Do you say that because just you and me changing  water pump or alternator gets more work than the Gov't does all year? :lmao:

Or........ you've hear this over an over already? :cry:

Edited by JAG1

:)  Do you say that because just you and me changing  water pump or alternator gets more work than the Gov't does all year? :lmao:

Or........ you've hear this over an over already? :cry:

I look at it as  if  'they' ever solve a problem,  then  what  would they do then?    I swear,  'they' have the best job security ever devised!...

......Don't ever fix anything,  and  blame  the  other-side-of-the-aisle    when  it goes  south......

This country needs  a  Linux  version of  Govt...   right Mike??  ;)

(hard to corrupt, and  light-on-it's-feet)  

Edited by rancherman

Green is the new red. It really is all just BS designed to control. And I really can't figure out why I should care what the ChiComs community or the European community, or any other community thinks for that matter. Our govt is an organized crime syndicate. Nothing more.

I was at a yard sale. Girl asked the owner who was selling a woodstove...what will we do when all the trees are gone? :cookoo:

I could see a statement coming from someone in Arizona, but in Oregon??? All we have is trees!  Thinking like this is what drives the believability of the the global warming and carbon footprint grow government crowd.

Edited by joecool911