• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The big man is here!

hex0rz

Have not seen or heard a peep from the man, wonder why? The guy has wifi at the motel! Maybe he needed a break?

I would have figured he would have announced he was coming up here to see me and my side of the fence... Were meeting tomorrow, maybe I'll get some pics of this elusive creature. :lol:

• Owner

:lmao2::lmao:

He's right I do have WiFi but after talking to his in-laws last night for most of the evening we came back to the room and crashed. Take note in Hex's post time at 3:25am I'm sure I was still sawing logs laying in bed. Even worse I started a thread in the staff area before I left. :tongue:

It was a rough night for me last night! Need to try and recoup on my sleep. I'll never catch up though!

Well, Mike, I hope we did not scare you and your mom away! Hope you guys enjoyed your time as best as you could, up here! Make your trip home safe! Wish you could have hung around more! Loved picking your brain with the truck stuff.

• Owner

Hey Hex we're back home now... Safe and sound...

Bit more to add.

https://goo.gl/maps/u3lCR

Ok so I loaded up with fuel in Riggins, ID and drove all the way there and used barely 3/8 of tank. Then load up in Coeur d' Alene and drove home and barely used 1/4 of a tank to get home. Not bad. As for meeting Hex0rz and family is was interesting to say the least. Lot of things in common believe it our not. I got to see his huge RV he got. Wow! Makes my RV look like a compact car. :lol:  As for comparing notes on the truck we started to but never really got back to the trucks very much. Watched Hex0rz tend to his bee hives on his property that was really cool to see up close how bees are handled and such. His in-law family is wonderful and so is his wife. Great people! Now it your turn to come down this way...  :tongue:

:thumb1:  About a 5 hour drive! Still can't get over the fact you came all the way up here! What did you get in MPG's? The ride home was probably a little better considering the potential energy in going down the grades instead of coming up.

I guess I can really attest to how much these trucks can pull! When I say it will pull a house, it will pull a house, lol! You let me know when you want some bees! I'll be more than happy to get you set up! :woot:

Hoping that I can find some quiet time sometime this year and may get serious about seeing my grandma in Reno. Your place would be on the way.

OH! BTW, you were right, the tap cam un-done. I checked it and got it connected up. Now if I make a hard accel from stop or don't have boost built up or in OD, I can smoke a good cloud again! :rolleyes:

Now I have to work on getting my mpg numbers up.

• Owner
What did you get in MPG's?

With cruise set at 60 MPH in 5th gear 21.x MPG. Running around Sandpoint I got 23.x MPG. Then on my trip home 55 MPH in 4th Gear I got 24.x MPG.

Hoping that I can find some quiet time sometime this year and may get serious about seeing my grandma in Reno. Your place would be on the way.

Let me know I'm sure I can make something happen.

OH! BTW, you were right, the tap cam un-done. I checked it and got it connected up. Now if I make a hard accel from stop or don't have boost built up or in OD, I can smoke a good cloud again! :rolleyes:

Turn back the sublevels till you get rid of most of your smoke. Like I told you the 5x3 isn't bad but 5x2 seems to lag more and 5x1 lags the worse.

Now I have to work on getting my mpg numbers up.

Time to shed your drag and get your efficiency up.

Hehehe...................All the science he puts into his work and no mention of the ugly topper he has on his rig. I have personally had one as have several of my friends who have on all sorts of pickups and I can say they easily can make 2+ mpg improvement alone with absolutely zero driving habit correction figured in.

Look at suburbans, same drivetrain / chassis as a pickup a lot heavier and most of the time do better mileage than a pickup..................................

• Owner
Hehehe...................All the science he puts into his work and no mention of the ugly topper he has on his rig.

Ugly? It's the beer can special. It might be ugly but its true canopy does improve numbers rather quickly. Even my tonneau cover on the 96 improve it a bunch. Hey if I had more colors to chose from I would of used it.