• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bee Keeping

hex0rz

Did...you...say....A-PI-AR-Y? :drool:

I did.  I have been working my apiary for almost 6 years now.   I have been gradually adding hives and developing the apiary as I learn (a continuing process).  My apiary covers about 40 acres currently and 38 hives.  I am gradually working towards 100 hives. 

I did.  I have been working my apiary for almost 6 years now.   I have been gradually adding hives and developing the apiary as I learn (a continuing process).  My apiary covers about 40 acres currently and 38 hives.  I am gradually working towards 100 hives. 

40 acres?! Man, you could have thousands of hives on that much land! Its my first year and I have 2 so far. Just made a split from one a couple weeks ago into a nuc. I hope to get into queen rearing, etc. Start selling equipment if I can perfect my process more. Pollination contracts would be nice...

Hex0rz this is the guy I wanted you to talk to. LiveOak is the owner of Tractor Farm & Family site and he's a big bee nut you need to check out his site as well...

http://www.tractorfarmandfamily.com

Like I said, I'm usually so busy, I only usually get enough time to browse this forum and thats it, lol. Maybe I will get a bee thread going on here.

40 acres?! Man, you could have thousands of hives on that much land! Its my first year and I have 2 so far. Just made a split from one a couple weeks ago into a nuc. I hope to get into queen rearing, etc. Start selling equipment if I can perfect my process more. Pollination contracts would be nice...

Like I said, I'm usually so busy, I only usually get enough time to browse this forum and thats it, lol. Maybe I will get a bee thread going on here.

I am learning more with each season.  Learning about beekeeping is a never ending task.  I am reading up on queen rearing and will be giving it a try perhaps next season.  If I can provide my own queens, it will make doing splits go MUCH faster, especially 50/50 walk away splits.  With a queen it puts the hive ahead by at least 3 to 6 weeks. 

I have an apiary section on my forum if you have any questions.  There is another experienced beekeeper who posted there as well.  Do you read up on Bee Source forum?