• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Radiator Leak

Some might remember me freaking out about my radiator rusting up so fast. Well I can tell you this, don't ever use radiator flush even if it says its ok for aluminum. It might ok for aluminum but it dang sure not good for the rubber seal around the tanks. New radiator 191.00 

• Like 1

• Staff

Some might remember me freaking out about my radiator rusting up so fast. Well I can tell you this, don't ever use radiator flush even if it says its ok for aluminum. It might ok for aluminum but it dang sure not good for the rubber seal around the tanks. New radiator 191.00 

X2 Here. I bought the Napa brand cause it said it would eliminate the little crystalline growth in my old first gen radiator. Said it's not supposed to be in for more than a few days.... well it wasn't working so I left in in for a year :USflag:

It developed a leak is all it ever did... it never cleaned anything out.

Had it hot tanked and repaired and all is well now :thumb1:

If your not using the pre- diluted antifreeze or mixing your coolant with distilled water you might want to consider doing a pH test on the water your using. A pH that's not close to neutral will eat the entire cooling system. Also water with a high mineral content will bake off inside the system overtime and plug all kinds of stuff up.

I would bet my money on that over a cleaner that you may have used for a few minutes or even a few hours.

Edited by diesel4life