• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I've decided to go a different route on my truck, so I am going to sell my HE351CW turbo. I figured I would post this turbo on here and see if anyone was interested in it before throwing it up on CF. It came off of an 05 cummins with about 130xxx miles on it. I got it, built a manual wastegate for it (I have pictures of everything) and put a batmowheel on it. What do you guys think it is worth? I have the cost of the turbo, 400$ in the batmowheel 60$ in the wastegate plug from DAP and a few other odds and ends. If anyone here is interested PM me and we can talk. If you have a guess of what is is worth let me know! 

Thanks - Tyler

It was short, but I have decided to pair a set of industrial injection turbos, so I'm sure someone can use this! The batmo got a bad name because people over tighten the nut on them. If they are properly torqued to spec (like mine is) there are zero issues! If someone doesn't bite on this soon I'll be throwing it up on CF! Thanks for the replies. Keep the opinions coming!

Man, if I had the extra cash laying around I would be all over picking this thing up from ya. Would the HE351 work ok with 40hp injectors? Or would it work better with a little bigger like 60-75's? My old HX35 is getting the miles on it and I am starting to see a little shaft play. I will probably just put a kit in it but I really wish I had a little more air.

Started out great but its a little hard to get it to light with out all the black smoke... I did the the DAP exhaust to HX40 down pipe adapter, and the HE351 charge air pipe. I may try a different set of injectors before I decide to start over with something else... :shrug:

post-1216-0-36840600-1405061231_thumb.jp

post-1216-0-36631600-1405061244_thumb.jp

post-1216-0-06210800-1405061260_thumb.jp

What RMP are you lighting at? I have read that an aftermarket exhaust manifold will make these harder to spool than the stock one becuase the new one flows a higher volume with less velocity.

Man, if I had the extra cash laying around I would be all over picking this thing up from ya. Would the HE351 work ok with 40hp injectors? Or would it work better with a little bigger like 60-75's? My old HX35 is getting the miles on it and I am starting to see a little shaft play. I will probably just put a kit in it but I really wish I had a little more air.

I am by no means an injector guru, but I think the 40's would spool 35-40 lbs out of the turbo.

• Staff

It was short, but I have decided to pair a set of industrial injection turbos, so I'm sure someone can use this! The batmo got a bad name because people over tighten the nut on them. If they are properly torqued to spec (like mine is) there are zero issues! If someone doesn't bite on this soon I'll be throwing it up on CF! Thanks for the replies. Keep the opinions coming!

I guess it's very possible.. but still nothing proving they are a better design. Besides the HE351 is NOT compressor limited, it's turbine limited and more compressor flow on the same turbine is going to do nothing but run drive pressure even higher than the 2:1 they are capable of in stock form.

Sorry, probably wrong thread but...

I guess it's very possible.. but still nothing proving they are a better design. Besides the HE351 is NOT compressor limited, it's turbine limited and more compressor flow on the same turbine is going to do nothing but run drive pressure even higher than the 2:1 they are capable of in stock form.

Sorry, probably wrong thread but...

You have a very valid point with the drive pressure, but I know for a fact that the egt's did decrease, the turbo lit faster, and II was able to push more boost. I'm sure my drive pressures were way out of wack, but I believe the batmo did help :thumb1:

Which actuator plug did you use to fill the solenoid hole? If I remember correct, one of them stilll bleeds back into the compressor.

Ed

I used DAP's plug. I guess it could be bleeding back..... :doh:

What RMP are you lighting at? I have read that an aftermarket exhaust manifold will make these harder to spool than the stock one becuase the new one flows a higher volume with less velocity.

I am by no means an injector guru, but I think the 40's would spool 35-40 lbs out of the turbo.

It lights at about 1500-1700 RPM's and will build boost to 45psi. At a dead stop with 10K behind me take off was a black cloud then clear up and run like normal as long as i kept the RPM's above 1500 get below that and you have to really get into the skinny pedal to keep it from hazing or bellowing coal.  :shrug:

Which actuator plug did you use to fill the solenoid hole? If I remember correct, one of them stilll bleeds back into the compressor.

Ed

I got the plug from DAP and used a little JB weld to plug off the inner hole. :thumb1:

• Staff

You have a very valid point with the drive pressure, but I know for a fact that the egt's did decrease, the turbo lit faster, and II was able to push more boost. I'm sure my drive pressures were way out of wack, but I believe the batmo did help :thumb1:

Pretty similar to the results I got out of putting a bigger turbine wheel in my dads 06 HE351, thou the bigger turbine didn't increase boost it decreased it a little (lower EGT's with less boost means more airflow and less restriction, win win).

• Like 1