• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Busy life now.

• Owner

Well there has been some changes to life for me. Like I got called to do a computer job for a local mechanic to set up his OBDII scan tool with a update. While I was there I started talking shop and did a bit of diesel talk too. Needless to say he was rather impressed. Following night he calls up with a vehicle down in front of his place http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?/topic/8711-newer-ford-powerstroke/ . So I deal with it and get the owner moving on again. Now the mechanic calls me up and ask me to come in and deal with a school bus (With a Cummins 6BT) that has a charging issue. So in about 3 hours get it all figured out that its a A/C system load issue. So now he's dropped a bunch more on me to do more or less been hired! :wow::hyper:

OK so now thing change up even more. Monday evening the Fire Chief calls and asks if I want to make more money? After the joking and BS he tell me the FD will hire me for $15 a hour to water a road in the city of Riggins. It its about a hour job to do every day. So I'm taking morning shift on the watering so now I can water the road early in the morning and then head back over to my job which is only 3 miles away. Till it slows down again I'm going to be hoping. :hyper:

• Like 4

• Owner

Gets even more interesting. Now my morning watering job has gone from just watering to now teaching the water tender as well. I'm going to have another gent with me in the morning I've got to train out on the big Kenworth (Cummins 400). As for the work at the shop the owner is getting buried he's got a waiting list at least 7-9 days long right now. I just finished up doing a parking brake and carburetor overhaul on a older Ford School bus (Local Rafting company).  In between all this get paged out for a fire call this morning to a neighbor of the shop I work for. A land owner across the river from Lindy (Shop owner) decided to burn debris without a burn permit and on a 105*F day. :cookoo:

I looked at the esri site and noticed there are plenty fires where I use to live at. Actually, this time of year, it's considered normal.

Even though, I was always amazed that an area around a highway in California, Highway 15, and a pass called the Cajon Pass had burnt for a couple of day with up to 80 to 100 foot flames will burn again at 1/2 as high of the 1st fire a week later.

Those that been through there know the brush and such isn't high at all, and is sparse, the 1st yearly burn will leave the land charred and basically extremely level. There is more desert than vegetation. Yet it can produce enough heat the 2nd and 3rd burn to fry the paint on your vehicle. The entire pass can be on fire.

How can a burnt out area burn that long and that hot ... again and again. ? No rain in-between burns, and not enough time for plant growth. You'd think there wasn't that much material left from the 1st burn. But they are amazingly high & hot fires every year. And one heck of a high water bill for the state to dump water on the blazes that is having one heck of a long drought.

• Owner

And I need help with the banjo and tee behind the head.

If you were in Central Idaho I would be glad to help you but sad to say no one is...

Sigh. It's been a long day. Worked at the shop till I ran out of parts and the boss man kicked me out the door. (Not really). Got to split and go home early. Ate lunch and chilled out. Headed for town early and help a fellow fire fighter get the watering down on the road. He's not all the bad of a driver but the pure size of the truck does intimidate most people looking over the nose of the hood. So after I got back to the parking lot I bailed for the board meeting. Had a change of hands in the board members of the fire dept and things are changing.

Now I've got another fire fighter to train on the truck but he's never really driven anything this big. Going to be a challenge to teach to a guy from the ground up on how to drive 65,000 pound Kenworth carrying 4,000 gallons of water.