• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

02 3500 dually QC & factory mirrors

I've been driving my 02 3500 6speed dually for a year and I have  yet to appreciate these stupid flip up mirrors.  Am I the only one who feels this way?  Visibility just blows regardless of flipped up for towing or tucked down in granny mode.  I'm tempted to take them off and put the old school mirrors on.

Has anyone tried modifying these mirrors?

Thanks!

Personally I love my tow mirrors. My uncle has the factory non-tow mirrors and I always feel blind when I drive his truck. Just my personal opinion though. I do know that if you do take off the factory tow mirrors you wouldn't have a problem getting rid of them though. Everyone is trying to buy those.

On a side note, I don't know how much different the non-tow mirrors would be compared to the tow mirrors when they are flipped down. Seems like you would get about the same view.

I love my tow mirrors. I had them on my 03 hemi, then when I sold that and got my cummins it had the normal mirrors and I felt half blind. Swapped them out for some koolvue tow mirrors and life is good again. I like having vision of cars next to me and my rear tires. The tow mirrors definitely have a bigger surface area for viewing.

If you pull trailers that are only 6' wide the standard mirrors are fine but if you hook to a 7' or 8' wide trailer you will notice the difference. With my old v10 a 7' trailer was bad to see around and a 8' was scary but with the wide mirrors you can see everything that you need.

Thanks guys.

I think my problem is, that little convex mirror in the lower corner is hard to see.  I may take it to my local glass shop and see if they can eliminate that, and just replace with one piece mirror to fill the entire housing.  Then, I may attempt to hang a larger round convex mirror (about 6" diameter) from a bracket fastened to the back of the flip up.  It might look stupid when in flipped up position though, but that doesnt matter to me.

I just put my tow mirrors on my '99 dually and I really like them.  Compared to the stock mirrors that I took off, there is no comparison.  With the stock mirrors I couldn't see much past "birthin' hips" of the truck, but now I feel I can see around them just fine.  I do still have my stock mirrors in the garage, you're welcome to them.

I just put my tow mirrors on my '99 dually and I really like them.  Compared to the stock mirrors that I took off, there is no comparison.  With the stock mirrors I couldn't see much past "birthin' hips" of the truck, but now I feel I can see around them just fine.  I do still have my stock mirrors in the garage, you're welcome to them.

Sorry, not understanding which ones you took off or put on.   The stock mirrors you took off, were they they  flip up ones? Or the ones that mount with the stainless steel tubular hardware?

Sorry, not understanding which ones you took off or put on.   The stock mirrors you took off, were they they  flip up ones? Or the ones that mount with the stainless steel tubular hardware?

Sorry, the stock mirrors there were on my truck were not the flip up style nor the stainless style.  They were the standard black plastic mirrors, heated and elec controlled.  I replaced those with the flip up style.

• Like 1

I had issues with the convex mirror in the corner when I first installed mine. Now that I have gotten use to them, and trained my eyes where to look, I couldn't do without the convex part. The convex part lets me make sure I don't have any blind spots. I keep mine flipped up all the time. Even when I am not towing.