• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cleaning and maintaining electrical connections

my boy and I use DeoxIT D5 we call it miracle juice because of all the electric parts switches it has fixed. He bought a used switch set for his windows and when we installed it not go. I took his old ones and sprayed them and they started to work again. this has happened many times with this product kinda expensive.   On the other hand I have a DTT transmission and this company had a filter that helps with the stray induced voltage that sometimes caused transmission hesitation on the 2nd gens. might be work checking into. I am a believer in the dielectric greases to seal the connections. Use it on snap connection on my buggy that are exposed on the cage of the buggy. and for the ones under the hood and in the open. good luck Ed

• Owner

I use none of the above. Just plain ol' engine oil. Never had a bad battery connection and no corrosion issues ever! Ask yourself a question? What is the only matterials that sulphuric acid can be contained in without eating the container? Answer is plastic and glass. Plastic is made from what? Oil... Grease works but if you ever lean over a battery with your arm or your shirt not you covered in grease. That red stuff stains you clothing quick. Most all rig I work on I will just power wash the battery off and the lightly oil the battery terminals. After a day of driving the oil melts away and just a thin residue is left behind. Hold down bolts and battery tray hardware don't rot either.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid... :wink:

• Like 1