• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Doesn't take much to effect 47re

I've been dealing with ever increasing gear searching. Cleaned both ends of my main battery cables and shazam, all is good. They were not that dirty. Kinda think the connections at the batteries were the problem. And they were not that bad. And so easy to access compared to the ones on the block. I'll probably start cleaning those more often and I'd done one at a time, no having to re-calibrate the TPS. If in doubt, clean your negative cables!

• Owner

Now cover the terminal and light film of engine oil and never worry about cleaning the terminals again. In 12 years of ownership of my truck I've never clean the terminals of the battery cables because they have never corroded.

I would still test the AC noise levels to double check to be safe...

2w7o1tz.jpg

jh57it.jpg

• Like 3

Agreed w the Alternating Current thing, I went through 4 remans & one new before I found one in spec a few months back, that particular part went out in 20 min.. I got to changing out the Alt pretty fast! I ended up getting my money back & getting one from NAPA! All fine now!

Dave

I've already tested the A/C noise. Looks good. The ground wire from the battery is pretty much stuffed into the alternator. I might do that redirect mod that I posted a couple weeks ago. Pretty simple and it couldn't hurt.

I put some grease on the battery terminals yesterday. Also topped off the battery juice. Was a little low. Next project is to change coolant.

Edited by joecool911