• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel forum. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Ram Cummins owners. We will try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use. 

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members. Post up your used parts and vehicles.
    • Member Garage where you can proudly display your vehicles and modifications that you have done to them.
    • Download files, documents, and Quadzilla Adrenaline tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
    • Reduced Advertisements displayed to you.

Sign in to follow this  
volkswagon

Wore out track bar

It depends on what you want to spend, Cheap but good are Lukes Links. The best option in my opinion is to do a 3rd gen upgrade. Unless you have a lift I would not go with the spendy adjustable track bars. Just get a 3rd gen track bar and get the adaptor plate kit.

I don't know about 2nd gens, but you can buy urethane replacement track bar bushings from Geno's Garage. That's the way I'd go if possible. The bar itself doesn't wear out, just the OEM rubber bushings.

The 2nd gens have an end on it like a tie rod end on the frame end and it hammers out and causes a thumping in the floor boards.

The 2nd gens have an end on it like a tie rod end on the frame end and it hammers out and causes a thumping in the floor boards.

I did not know that!!!!! I officially stand corrected!!!:banghead:

I read that the Luke's Link won't work on a moog replacement bar. I wonder if there's a way to tell if that's what mine is. I've never had to work on it since I got the truck.

I read that the Luke's Link won't work on a moog replacement bar. I wonder if there's a way to tell if that's what mine is. I've never had to work on it since I got the truck.

How would I know if I have a moog bar, size maybe?

Hmmm... One of these days I might wear mine out but so far it still tight... Just keep it greased up good... But are for replacement I've heard that the luke link is the way to go...

Put a Luke's Link on mine with the Poly bushing. An excellent upgrade for well under $100. :thumb1:

uber racing thanks for the info!! Alos What does the smarty revo do to your truck?

No problem. The smarty stacks with my TST PM3. It gives it a nice kick on the bottom end. I'm just using it for the timing basically. The REVO is the latest version of software. It gives the ability for torque management, speed limiter setting, injector dwell ect. overall a great stack with the TST Fueling box!