• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1989 7.3L glow plug issue

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Hey Gang...

Lindy and myself are looking for a source for glow plug connectors for the older Ford 7.3L diesel. We've got 2 trucks now that have either broken glow plug connectors or badly damaged. Ford doesn't sell them unless you buy a full under hood wiring loom. NAPA doesn't list anything for it. Now one of the part counter guys is thinking maybe a coolant sensor plug might work. But I was going ask here to see if anyone else knows of a solution?

I have been fighting a 2002 7.3 with no start unless plugged in. Put new glow plugs in 9 months ago. Well I decided to do the valve cover gaskets and 4 of the plugs were bad with one of the tips stuck in the head. Finally got it back together and it will start. It amazes me that those powerstrokes need all 8 glow plugs working even when its 90 degrees out to start. I started my 02 at 20 below with out letting the intake heater go off just to see if it would start. It started but didnt like life until the engine got some heat into it

I think I know what connector you're talking about, If its what I'm thinking I see it used on older rear end temp sensors and oil temp sensors on semi's, I've replaced many of them before but can't remember the part number.

Here's what I'm thinking from what you described: http://www.repairconnector.com/products/GM-Ford-Chrysler-Universal-Stud-Socket-Pigtail-.html

Edited by bjytech