• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Push Lok Fittings

Is there a way to disconnect push lok fittings without cutting the fuel line? I need to check my bypass valve for debris on my fuel boss and I don't have a lot of extra fuel line if I cut it.

I'm trying to diagnose my stall issue upon cold start up: the truck stalls/almost stalls when put into drive or reverse from a cold start. Once it's been run, it's fine the rest of the day. This started happening when I put my triple disc torque converter in. I have new injectors ready to go in, but connector tube o-rings won't be in till later this week. I'm guessing it's either low stall converter issues, debris in fuel line, or connector tube leak.

From what I have found, you might be able to work it off with a curved pick tool. To be honest, I usually make more of a mess of the line trying to take it off vs just cutting it.

Is there any way you can just remove the push lock fitting without removing the line? That is what I have been doing as of late. The line can usually spin on the fitting, it just wont pull off.

Edited by Ilikeoldfords

• Owner

Yea... Sorry to say all the fiddling I've done with my fuel system I can say it's a one way trip. There is no pulling that fitting out again you'll have to cut thee line and re-press the fitting back in. Might bee time to talk to Eric over at Vulcan Performance and getting another length of hose before your start.

Agreed, I have never been able to get them off either, without destroying the hose.You ought to be able to get a short piece of

hose locally at any commercial hose supply where your at in n.w. ohio.American hose supply is the distributor for parker hose,

I have bought a couple of feet of 1/2 in blue parker hose from them.