• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low Idle Adjustment

YabbaDoo

Ok, since I put the new 60hp injectors in the idle seemed to be set too low... I would have to turn the AC off whenever I came to a stop otherwise the truck would run rough and even stalled a couple of times... I would have taken a video however it was just a bit too tight to stick the camera in place and get a decent shot of what I was doingno.gif so, I did the next best thing and took some photosyes.gif (I adjusted the screw with the truck running)

post-1978-0-41998600-1411930559_thumb.jppost-1978-0-88950500-1411930550_thumb.jppost-1978-0-21367200-1411930565_thumb.jp

• Owner

I had to do the same thing on a customers rig as well. It was idling a bit low. Boy talk about butter fingers... I must of dropped that 10mm wrench a dozen times before getting done with the project. But I got it idling about 750-800 roughly and customer was tickled. I can tell you that you can barely see the top of the bolt from working on top.

• Like 1

• Owner

Umm Mike, I thought the 24v had a VP44 injection pump not the p7100 like the 12v??? :ashamed: attachicon.gifp7100mike.JPG

Ummm... :think:  Yes, that was what I was figuring on is that most VP44 owner won't have a clue where a P7100 idle screw is at.

As for the VP44 it doesn't have a idle screw at all. Even the stop screw on the APPS sensor is NOT a idle screw. The idle is completely ECM controlled as long as the APPS sensor is providing the IVS (Idle Validation Switch) for idle then the APPS sensor is ignored completely and the ECM controls idle on it own by software. VP44 injection pump is completely fly by wire there is no throttle attachment to the pump like a P7100 injection pump.

I'm not gonna let it leak oil all over everything.  I've conquered everything inside it as well as in the engine so its just boring now.  I liked working on it a lot more than driving it, the jeep is the opposite so I drive it instead.  I'd like to take the engine out and put it on a stand and play with it.