• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

All kinds of problems lately.

I replaced my APPS sensor this evening and went out for a test drive. I drove it harder than usual and noticed at WOT I can hear a flapping sound from the engine compartment. Kind of like shaking out a dry shirt. Only happens at WOT though. Fuel psi is 15 and boost is 28 at WOT. Also when I pulled into the driveway and slowed down the engine stumbled and almost died. Then came back to normal. Any ideas?

I wonder if the flapping sound was turbo bark. But the almost stalling has me stumped a bit unless the APPS sensor is not getting to Idle Position and setting the IVS.

I think I've figured out the stalling problem. Believe it or not this is the first time the fuel has been below a half a tank since I bought the truck 4 months ago. I thought my fuel pressure gauge was crapping out because it was all over the place and its a cheap GlowShift. Driving to work this morning the truck quit in the road. Finally started it back and made it to the fuel station. Filled er up and fuel pressure gauge went back to normal and no more problems. I need a draw straw. Now the problem is in the tranny. The last two mornings I've pulled up to a stop sign then went to go and truck acts like its in neutral. Finally it engages and I don't have any more issues.

For the time being, put it in 1st at every stoplight, then "D", until you can get an OSS (Output speed sensor), Gov sensor, Gov solenoid, change fluid & adjust bands.

Ed

Ed, I just did all of that and the shift kit two months ago. Only thing is that the other day I drained some fluid a couple days ago because it had bubbles on the dipstick. Going to put the fluid back and see what happens.

This gets me thinking... I should really do a shift kit. Sounds like you baby your trans and are still developing issues. Hope they clear up for ya with a simple addition of fluid.

Don't forget gov solenoid, sensor, speed sensor, band adjustment, and might as well install drain plug while your there.