• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miss at all RPMs

On a stone cold engine, fire it up, just idle it for 30 seconds.. then shut it down. You'll be able to just use your

finger (lick it first) OK>> dip it in some water<< and go down the line and find the dead cylinder pretty cheap too.

your good cylinders should just make it sizzle, and the cold dead one will just slowly evaporate.. 'warm', but not hot.

After a minute, the test gets fuzzy, cause the cold cylinder will gain enough heat from it's buddies

Dang, Yesterday I got a 354 perkins that suddenly started a dead miss!!! Upon shut down, It goes 'whoof, whoof whoof...out the straight pipe. My prognosis; dropped valve seat. Always something in the toilet here @ Ranch.

• Like 1

I used SolidWorks for the design. I looked on the internet for hours and couldn't find something I liked so I combined multiple designs into one. I will never use a winch, and almost all of them come with winches, and they are HUGE. I want something tough but looks sleek and doesn't weigh down the front end. I really like the look with a bull bar on there, but I am constantly doing engine mods so it could become a PITA to work around! Once I have my truck back and can make all of the measurements necessary I will finalize the design. If I do happen to build one and have a good design that people like I may consider selling the design. As for sticking in a brand that is probably the easiest part of the whole design!  :lmao:

• Like 1

I used SolidWorks for the design. I looked on the internet for hours and couldn't find something I liked so I combined multiple designs into one. I will never use a winch, and almost all of them come with winches, and they are HUGE. I want something tough but looks sleek and doesn't weigh down the front end. I really like the look with a bull bar on there, but I am constantly doing engine mods so it could become a PITA to work around! Once I have my truck back and can make all of the measurements necessary I will finalize the design. If I do happen to build one and have a good design that people like I may consider selling the design. As for sticking in a brand that is probably the easiest part of the whole design!  :lmao:

Not real sure how this works: These 'plans' will have inputs for ComputerAidedMachining?? Local shop has a plasma table.. I'd buy your design... and all the little parts would be accurately cut on their table? Or is it something more simple... scan the plans in, and 'scale it up' to proper size? Their computer would do the rest?

Dad used to have a shop with a simple 9 head pattern torch, which had a simple auto-trace feature.. As a kid, I'd sit there for hours watching that thing!

Keep this project visible in the forum!

that is a nice bumper! you adding a winch to it?

Nope... I don't like how the winch bumpers stick way out there. I'm sure I could easily modify it to fit one though

Not real sure how this works: These 'plans' will have inputs for ComputerAidedMachining?? Local shop has a plasma table.. I'd buy your design... and all the little parts would be accurately cut on their table? Or is it something more simple... scan the plans in, and 'scale it up' to proper size? Their computer would do the rest?

Dad used to have a shop with a simple 9 head pattern torch, which had a simple auto-trace feature.. As a kid, I'd sit there for hours watching that thing!

Keep this project visible in the forum!

From what I have seen most shops don't have SolidWorks, so I would have to give a drawing of all of the parts then it could be drawn into whatever program they have. It shouldn't take too long as half of the parts are just flipped duplicates.  I have not finished designing the mounts or the bracing yet.. I just have the front look done. It is made of 26 pieces of 3/16 steel. 

Edited by TFaoro

Only thing about the receiver... that's gonna be a real knee capper! Nice addition, but is there a way you could have it telescope flush when not in use? or you could have the front face flush with the bumper, and would then have to go behind to pull the pin to remove the hitch...

The other 2 ears... those for tow bar?

Edited by rancherman

I'm not sure I like the receiver.. Honestly I will not put one in my bumper when I build it, it was just a suggestion from some other guys. The two ears are for shackle mounts! Since we don't have factory tow hooks I figured I'd throw some in