• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If you plan to race and you dont have a super built tranny you will kill the tranny.:nono:You can also hurt the flexplate.:banghead:It will pound into gear.If it is locked after 1st and you hit the other gears it will be like hiroshima and nagasaki in your tranny. If you turned it on after 4 th gear you may be fine.Because thats what the factory does.You could turn it on sooner.Some will talk mpg with a lock up.You have to shut it off if you stop or it will kill the engine.I am not clear on why you want to do this.Hope this helps a little.

• Owner

Like myself I would be doing it for the MPg's reasons. Like my Mom's 96 Dodge Gasser is constantly jumping around gear out here with every roll of the highway. It would be nice to lock it up like a manual and let cruise pull it over the hills in top gear instead of dropping lock up, then dropping from 4th to 3rd spinning a bunch more RPM's and then climb the hill (1/10th of a mile) then shift back to 4th and lock up again... Now I know why I bought a 5 speed... But I would like to hold the lock up on the 96... Like climbing dirt roads that trans keeps jumping from 2nd to 3rd remaining unlocked. But funny I can pull the hill in 3rd in my Cummins and not think twice... The other bonus if done right and you watch your trans temps it should reduce them... There should be less thrashing of the fluid from the TQ conv because the lock up.

If you forget to turn it off you will kill the engine coming to a stop also. Would be better off getting a TC lockup controller that you can program to lock and unlock when you want, even better is an aftermarket valvebody that will allow lockuo in 2nd gear to go along with it.:2cents:

This will show you how to hook up a manual switch (often called a mystery switch); http://www.tstproducts.com/Torque%20Converter%20Lockup%20Switch.pdf This can be very hard on a transmission especially on the shafts. If you have a stock tranny, you probably shouldn't use it. An aftermarket torque converter and billet shafts would be a big help.

I wired on up for my rig to control the 3-4 shuddering. No amount of filters has cured it. This does! I also added in a resistor in between the ground and the switch and reinstelled the relay in the panel. Takes care of throwing a code.