• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hard starts and weird tach

Lets say the fitting at the back of the head can be reach much easier with the valve cover off. I've got big hands so that extra bit of room really does count. Number 6 cross over tube is also in a tough spot too. If you pull the hoist ring off you can get #6 in and out much easier.

Thanks for the tip. I dont have huge hands but anything to make it easier. I am pretty sure I am losing prime somewhere. The issue went away with a full tank. except for the RPM issue of course. 

Well I put the new crank sensor in and the tach is still acting up. I am starting to run out of ideas. 

Rear diff sensor? Do you have a movie of the tach in action? I have had tach issues twice, once was the rear diff sensor and the other is when I had the stock lift pump wired wrong and it would run when my fuel boss was running and my tach would go haywire.

Well on my way to work today the rpm issue went away. However All at once I got a check engine light, water in fuel light , and check gauges light. My oil pressure dropped down to zero for five seconds or so then went back to normal. It did this about five more times. The water in fuel light went off after I opened the drain valve on the fuel filter housing and hasn't come back on. On my way home oil pressure never dropped and the water light never came on and the tach worked  fine. I pulled these codes once I got home  P1488, P0236, P0382, P0238, P0522, P0177. Not sure why all that happened at once