• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

weak air flow out of vent?

The floor setting works great in all blower setting (low through high) but the defrost isnt the greatest and the main vents hardly nothing on high. I have checked all vac lines under hood which are fine and i have a new blower motor( and its the correct rotation). Theres a door behind the glove box that i think uses cabin air and it works and theres another one i can see next to the gas peddle that also moves. I can hear the motor running hard like alot of air is going somewhere just dont feel anything on all motor speed when selected to the vent that blow on you. Kinda stuck at this point? 1999 2wd

If you can find something on this please share with the rest of us.  I am experiencing something similar, although mine seems to be intermittant.  The fan is turning but almost no air flow out of the vents.  A month or two ago I pulled my fan to see if debree was plugging any of the ducting.  I did find a handful of garbage in the fan, but nothing that I would have thought could block off air flow.  I couple of times during these moments of bad air flow I have smelled something burning, not an electrical smell but more of a paper smell.  I looked all over trying to find leaves that may have got hot and had fumes seep into the air circulation. 

One thing that I have found is if I cycle my vent selector my issue will usually clear up and work as advertised.  Good luck, I hope you figure yours out.

Thanks, i am going to verify my vacuum is good at the servos and does anyone know if i need to check vacuum at the selector? I also had leaves in mine. I put my hands up in where the blower motor is and its pretty dirty. So i will be pulling it apart and giving everything a good cleaning and im thinking of putting a new heater core and evaporator in while i have it apart. Since my dash is gone i do feel some air blowing around the center vents in the dash. Is there a seal on the casing that may have withered away? I have some foam like material that has blown out some of the vents.

If the vacuum system was not producing enough vacuum the whole HVAC system would 'default' to defrosters only. You can pull the hoses at each vacuum motor and see if you have suction.

• Owner

Heater treater is for the blend door on the heater core.

i am going to verify my vacuum is good at the servos and does anyone know if i need to check vacuum at the selector?

If the vacuum system was not producing enough vacuum the whole HVAC system would 'default' to defrosters only.

Correct if the vacuum is too weak or nothing at all you get DEFroster only.

I also had leaves in mine. I put my hands up in where the blower motor is and its pretty dirty.

Most likely what happen is the A/C evaporator is plugged with dirt. Common issue where the evaporator sweats and travel dirt roads and presto a caked up brick. If you replace it make sure to use only MAX A/C if in dusty areas.

Is there a seal on the casing that may have withered away?

No. Just plastic to plastic seal.

I have some foam like material that has blown out some of the vents.

It could be from the vent doors which are covered with a sealing foam or the sealing foam around the evaporator.