• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hydroboost Input Rod Seals

Ah yes I checked out that post before I pulled mine apart.  I was just curious if there is any way to replace the two seals where the piston assembly connects to the pedal rod?  I believe in the instructions from MBM it says you need to cut the pedal shaft and then find some sort of replacement.  However, I don’t think there is anyone out there that makes one.  I guess my options are replace all the seals that are covered in the write-up and hope for the best or buy a new hydroboost.    

Ah yes I checked out that post before I pulled mine apart. I was just curious if there is any way to replace the two seals where the piston assembly connects to the pedal rod? I believe in the instructions from MBM it says you need to cut the pedal shaft and then find some sort of replacement. However, I don’t think there is anyone out there that makes one. I guess my options are replace all the seals that are covered in the write-up and hope for the best or buy a new hydroboost.

Weld it back with a piece of pipe slide over the cut

Looks like when they manufactured it they put the seals on and then staked it.  I have no idea why they didn’t use a c-clip or nut.  I was thinking of cutting the pedal rod, putting the seals on and welding it back together.  I had a second look at it and I think I would need to cut the shaft right where they staked it to avoid damaging the seals during the install.  Has anyone had any success customizing the shaft?  I’m thinking a good machinist should be able to make something work.