• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Starting after outdoor storage

I had starting problems after a clutch switch went bad,  I was out of town for work and the vehicle sat for a few months.  I just put in fresh oil and added cetane supplement to a mostly full fuel tank.

should I drain the old fuel and get fresh fuel? First time it has started since October.

Thanks and sorry if this is a dumb question

I agree. Diesel is nothing like gasoline. My old boss (Owner of a boat yard) bought an 85' Morgan Outisland sail boat that had been sitting for 7 years, we just polished the fuel (Running it through LARGE filters, till we got it down to 3 micron & clean & then ran it under power for 4 days on the old fuel to the yard.ou may want to put in a cold weather additive depending on your location.

Ed

Y