• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Back up camera?

joecool911

Can anyone recommend a decent aftermarket backup camera? The newer trucks have one integrated into the radio. Not interested in that. Something that can indicate backing up in parking lots etcetera and provide a good shot of the stinger ball for trailer. I never get it right the first shot. Meaning 2-5 trips in and out of the truck. And I may change trailers 3-4 days a week.

they don't have the ones i built, it bolted to the license plate. and you had a 3.5 screen. still have one in the package. now the one i like is the rearview camera one for 300. http://www.vizualogic.com/products/backup-safety-assist/3-5-inch-mirror-monitor.html

the ones in the 06-08 toyotas were my design, as well as the scion XB.

might check bestbuy for a cheaper option.  

I use the Edge backup camera that runs thru the Edge CTS Monitor that I use for gauges.  The rear camera mount is imbedded in a License plate frame and is completely adjustable up and down.

It even shows grid reference lines on the monitor when the camera is on.  I can use it for lining up the ball to match the trailer hitch. I have had good luck with this camera and have been running it now for over two years now.

It appears you have gauges so this might not be the best option for you because it would be spendy if you have to buy the monitor in addition to the backup camera.