• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Kits

Like me78569 said, the switch is very useful! I woke up this morning to 12 degrees and it had my truck at 100 in no time. I also set it to high idle when I run into the convenience store, and it continues to warm the engine up. Oh and I think I gained minimum of 1mpg during the winter with the MPG feature.

I would get the setup. 

The MPG mode will pay for the cost of the switch, depending on how much you drive, pretty quickly. 

High idle can be used for more than just warming up the truck too.  For prolonged idling it comes in very handy.

Like me78569 said, the switch is very useful! I woke up this morning to 12 degrees and it had my truck at 100 in no time. I also set it to high idle when I run into the convenience store, and it continues to warm the engine up. Oh and I think I gained minimum of 1mpg during the winter with the MPG feature.

This is good stuff! I daily drive mine and my commute is about 7 miles one way, so on colder days it's practically impossible to get the temp gauge off the bottom peg. Sounds like this might be a good way to safely speed that up right?!

• 7 months later...

Right now the big problem is getting the site stable... First. Then I can move back to the high idle mod and get the stuff going with Ed. But I'm way behind with the server being too small and still need to install a better store software which is half done now. But I'll get back to High Idle stuff a bit later...

Michael Nelson - I have been checking the store (http://store.mopar1973man.com/index.php/high-idle-kits.html) for a few months trying to be patient, however do you have an ETA on when the High Idle kits will be available again?

• 3 months later...