• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Kits

• Owner

The high idle kits are going to handed back to me for production. All future production of the Mopar1973Man.Com High Idle Kits will be produced right here in Idaho. As soon as I get all the parts and pieces from Ed Grafton (Yankneck696) I'll start producing them. So I know some of you are hoping for more to be produced and seeing DAP running out of the flat mount version. So hang in there more to come very very soon.

• Like 3

I picked up my high idle switch yesterday at DAP and had them enable it with a smarty. I tried 6 cylinder and it worked ran it a couple of minutes. This morning I set it to 6 cylinder let run 10 minutes now I have codes. 005 fuel switch and 016 water temperature circuit. I turned it to off when I drove and I noticed my temp gauge stayed off did not move up but my scan gauge II said 180. So what's going on here. I'm at the fire station today when I get a chance i'll go out and under plug it and see if the temp gauge will respond.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Right now the big problem is getting the site stable... First. Then I can move back to the high idle mod and get the stuff going with Ed. But I'm way behind with the server being too small and still need to install a better store software which is half done now. But I'll get back to High Idle stuff a bit later...

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribing to this! Could've used one this morning as it was 35 when I cranked her up and had to drive to work cold! This is also a warmer winter then we should be having! I'll definitely take one when they're available again!

Edit: After doing some more research, I thought I had this figured out, apparently not. I thought the high idle kit was meant to enable the truck to go into 3/6cyl for faster warm up times and then switch over to 'MPG' mode for better gas mileage while running cold. But I just noticed that its required to have the most up to date ECM flash done as well. So I guess my question is, am I just getting the ability to enable 3/6cyl warm up and mpg whenever I flip the switch on the high idle kit as opposed to waiting for the ECM to recognize the low temp requirements and activate the 3/6cyl warm up on its own? 

Edited by notlimah

The switch will fool the ecm into thinking it is cold out.

this has a ton of advantages. 

however your ecm, if it has the latest flash, will enabled 3 or 6 cyl high idle on it's own when it senses that the temp is cold enough.

Got it.

Basically the switch lets you tell the ECM to do the 3/6 cyl idle, or, if left alone the updated ECM will do it on its own!

I live in northern Washington and it usually doesn't get much colder then the 30's. Would I still see an advantage using this setup? Or would I be better off making sure my ECM is up to date and calling it good?

I would get the setup. 

The MPG mode will pay for the cost of the switch, depending on how much you drive, pretty quickly. 

High idle can be used for more than just warming up the truck too.  For prolonged idling it comes in very handy.