• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much change can a 2nd Gen ash tray hold?

• Owner

Well today I finally gather up my ash tray from 2002 and then stopped by the 1996 and dump it into the 2002 ash tray. It was nearly overflowing with just silver coins. So I sat down sort and rolled everything up and there was quite a bit of spare change floating around between two truck ash trays.

post-1-0-74696200-1420656425_thumb.jpg post-1-0-04988500-1420656518_thumb.jpg post-1-0-63347600-1420656631_thumb.jpg post-1-0-20018900-1420656729_thumb.jpg

Total capacity of the ash tray was $48.18 that I counted out.

Well today I finally gather up my ash tray from 2002 and then stopped by the 1996 and dump it into the 2002 ash tray. It was nearly overflowing with just silver coins. So I sat down sort and rolled everything up and there was quite a bit of spare change floating around between two truck ash trays.

attachicon.gifDSCF2746.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF2747.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF2748.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF2749.JPG

Total capacity of the ash tray was $48.18 that I counted out.

That's about 3 cases of beer, isn't it??? :cool:  :cheers:

Still using 'money' mike?? who does that anyway!! :)

I should talk.. I have burnt fuses.. bent or broken hypodermic needles (livestock use) keys for God only knows what, Mcdonalds 'free happy meal' monopoly stickers from 2001, Stripped nuts, bolts.. Which spills over into an overflowing cup holder of same type junk..

Edited by rancherman

• Owner

Still using 'money' mike?? who does that anyway!! :)

I should talk.. I have burnt fuses.. bent or broken hypodermic needles (livestock use) keys for God only knows what, Mcdonalds 'free happy meal' monopoly stickers from 2001, Stripped nuts, bolts.. Which spills over into an overflowing cup holder of same type junk..

And the last time you cleaned your truck out was when? :think:

McDonald's whats that? We got a Subway and A&W 20 miles away. McDonald's is at least 100 mile drive.

Well if he had a Mcyucks burger and fries from 2001 in there it would still look like it did the day he picked it up too.  But hey they still say 100% beef. :rolleyes: , A friend of mine has had one on a plate on his book case shelf for about 6  or more years and it too looks like it was just bought that day, no rot mold or decay of any sort and to think people think it is actually food.

I think my wife can clean that much change out of her Jetta on a monthly basis lol. I never carry cash so this isn't an issue plus the fact I drive mostly gravel roads and rattles drive me nuts so I keep little things like that cleaned out of my rigs.

The spare change is typically my fall back stash for a beverage or a munchie while out and about. I typically use cash for everything rarely used debt or credit cards. Less paper trail that way.

I used to be that way as well, now only use cash for face to face transactions for certain things like personal protection devices ect.

I use 1 CC for all other purchases everyday. never carry a balance and get an average of $800-1K a year of free money back just for using it with the rewards points which is what I use for our vacation spending money, The card I use has travel expense eraser which is awesome.

I lost a wallet once with about 200 bucks cash in it in a snow drift along a rural hwy, long story lol.

Being a cheap skate that is when I cut back and mostly quit carrying cash. My wife still deals with cash a lot but is a business owner and has access to it more readily than me although I find it in the washer and dryer almost every load, she is bad about stuffing her pockets and forgetting it.

I bet the ash tray in the truck would hold a hell of a lot of coin...  because you can't get them out!  My truck has a change sorter on the flip over storage in the fold down center seat back...  my Cirrus had storage in the console as well.  With EZ Pass, I found I never used the money, so I left a couple of dollars & removed the rest. 

I recall, when I was working a Police Detail...  in front of a local beach front bar...  we watched a couple of guys going car to car emptying ash trays from unlocked cars.  We put our KelLights on them & they left.  They weren't close enough to be sure & would have been hard to prove since it was coins & we didn't know whose cars they were.   

We caught one guy walking down the middle of the street with an open 5th...  we told him he'd have to get rid of it or be arrested for having an open container.  OR he could throw it in a convienent trash barrel.  (If he threw it on the ground, we could arrest him for littering.)  So he carefully put it in the barrel...  & he got to leave.  A while later, his buddy came by & distracted us so he could retrieve his bottle.  He was sure disappointed when he discovered the bottle was upside down & the contents was dripping out the bottom of that nasty barrel.  Oh well...    It's not like it was a surprise...  Police detail every night in Summer...         

Edited by flagmanruss