• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Transmission acting up out of the blue.

Yea, you should be back on the road this weekend. Just remember to not put all the fluid in before you start the truck. It will pour fluid out the vent if you do!

MnTom, that sounds like first hand knowledge. Ha ha. There's nothing like experience. Over the years I've learned many lessons while cleaning up my messes.

Well, disconnecting the batteries didn't do any good. Wishful thinking I guess. I drove it briefly and it is in limp mode. Going to check the electrical side of it when the sun comes up. It doesn't make any sense. Wasn't in limp mode when the old transmission was in.

What I would look at is the wiring and plugs for the transmission. You may have had a pin push out of a plug and that could cause your problem.

Well, I was right. They gave me the old style gov pressure sensor and the electrical kit and that did the trick. Its weird though. It had the old style sensor and solenoid in it but the 8 pin wiring had the newer connector with a pigtail installed to fit the old sensor. It wasn't homemade, it was a factory adaptor. Never seen that before. Anyway, I'm back on the road again. This thing hits like a sledgehammer when it shifts. I played with the TV cable and made it slightly better bit still hits hard. I have to say I like the new tranny. Looking forward to towing with it. As for Revmax, I will say they have good cuStomer service. It seems like a well built unit but only time will tell before I can give them an honest review. If Goerend still built complete transmissions I would have bought from them for sure but we'll see how this one does.

Glad to hear you are going again! One thing to watch for is the turbo baring when it shifts into O/D. My truck will bark something fierce if I have over 10 psi boost when it shfts into O/D. What I do towing is lock out O/D, run the speed up to 55-60 mph then let out of the throttle, reach up and hit the button, then ease back in to it. That way I get no barking.

Yea, I wish Goerends built them too. Even the customer service is not what it used to be.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are going again! One thing to watch for is the turbo baring when it shifts into O/D. My truck will bark something fierce if I have over 10 psi boost when it shfts into O/D. What I do towing is lock out O/D, run the speed up to 55-60 mph then let out of the throttle, reach up and hit the button, then ease back in to it. That way I get no barking.

Yea, I wish Goerends built them too. Even the customer service is not what it used to be.

I know what you mean about that turbo bark. I'll be using that o/d off button.

Man, it's too bad it shifts that hard into OD. That's pretty hard on stuff...

Yeah. I worked with the TV cable a little more yesterday and made a huge difference. Normal driving is smooth now. I have to really get into it to make it bark. All it took was some driving and a little adjustment. I was at Revmax yesterday and they said they would be happy back of down some but I thing it's going to be fine.

Yeah. I worked with the TV cable a little more yesterday and made a huge difference. Normal driving is smooth now. I have to really get into it to make it bark. All it took was some driving and a little adjustment. I was at Revmax yesterday and they said they would be happy back of down some but I thing it's going to be fine.

So did you tighten it up or make it looser?

Yes, even though the 3-4 shift is PCM controlled as far as its actual shift point, backing off the TV cable will lower the line pressure during the shift, which will soften it up a bit...as long as the shift points for the 1-2 and 2-3 don't become too early as you back off the cable. How is the TCC lockup?

Raising the line pressure, 'steepening' the line pressure curve, and firming up the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts to a reasonable level, but without creating an overly harsh OD shift and TCC lockup at the top end is definitely part of the 'art' of valve body setup...!

• Like 1

So did you tighten it up or make it looser?

Loosed, very little at a time to find the just the right spot. Took quite a bit of driving and adjusting but it was worth it. Dynamic hit it on the nose.

You have to find the sweet spot. I went through the whole gamut before I was happy.