• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quad Headlights w/ HID Bi-xenon Projectors

• 7 months later...

Sorry its been a while,

had some time to mock up the dual projectors not sure if I will be able to design anything production wise at least for these projectors.

the main issue is clearance, its extremely tight, and although I can preset the adjustments using my truck there is no guarantee that it would be correct if they were mounted on another truck.

I snapped some pics as best as I could given the lighting available

*note the projectors are actually upside down because in my rush to bolt them together they were bolted for the passenger side and I had already yanked the driverside to make my molds.*

Posted Image

I think it will look badass but the mounting options will make it difficult.

Posted Image

in this one I am showing the clearance of the mounting tabs which hide just behind the sheet metal of the truck

Posted Image

in this one you can see the mounting tabs but what you cant see is the bulb and socket are actually brushing against the sheet metal of the truck

I can easily do a dual projector instead of a quad here, and in which case I can probably use a fancier projector like an FX-R or TL, in which case I can do a production setup quite easily.

my only thought would be to try a smaller projector set to do a dual but the light output comparison would be less quality I think

--- Update to the previous post...

You know if it were not for that stupid pillar dividing the headlight from the sidemarker/blinker it would fit beautifully.

yea just gotta play with some ideas.

looks awesome so far keep up the good work. I nned to either replace mine or do something like this. Watching with wide eyes!!! What do you plan to use as a cover??? Cut the lenses off the stock lights?? or mold your own. if your interested in molding your own i'll find you a link on how to

looks awesome so far keep up the good work. I nned to either replace mine or do something like this. Watching with wide eyes!!! What do you plan to use as a cover??? Cut the lenses off the stock lights?? or mold your own. if your interested in molding your own i'll find you a link on how to

I am molding my own out of polycarbonate, i have some molds made already although they are a bit rough. I have a vacuum table built, i just need to get the plastic holding frame done and I can vacuum form all the parts. essentially the entire assembly will be vacuum formed out of ABS.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i'm gonna have to cut off the bottom mounting tab on the inside projector. if it moves too much I can always use the auto leveler tab that sticks straight back as a reenforcement point. that would give me slightly more clearance room for the outside projectors bulb and connector.

Did ya think of trying the quad headlight buckets from the '99 sport model? Might be a good baseline.

problem is the size of the projectors in comparison to the size of the various headlights. right now I am just looking purely at depth and width of projectors in relation to the sheet metal of the stock location. the projectors are spaced at the absolute minimum, literally less than a 16th of an inch apart so that the outside projectors bixenon shield can still move freely. right now I am building framing out of aluminum which will use the stock mounting points and then I can work out how to mount the projectors to that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Subscribing for future updates. I have a floppy light now and found this thread looking for sport light swap info. I've got bulbs and sockets, just need housings and brackets. I was thinking they'd be a good housing candidate for a projector swap later since they have a clear lens already.Good luck, I'll be paying attention!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Subscribing for future updates. I have a floppy light now and found this thread looking for sport light swap info. I've got bulbs and sockets, just need housings and brackets. I was thinking they'd be a good housing candidate for a projector swap later since they have a clear lens already. Good luck, I'll be paying attention!

yea the sport is a decent option for a retrofit, there is atleast one example over on hidplanet that used FX-R's for the main beam and kept the halogen highbeam socket. the newer sport headlights seem like they reversed the high and low beam bulbs, as the 9004 seems to be the highbeam now. not a bad idea really the 9007 has more lumens anyways for the main beam

• 1 month later...

Dont want to pee on anyones parade...buutttt With these you just peel the lense off the stock housing, screw these into the stock bulb hole. {they are direct mount, bulb base specific} then you just glue the lense back on and wire then up. D1 style with shutter hi/lo not affiliated with whatever company i hot linked this pic from..just the first result from google. these kits can be had for about 125/pair on fleabay http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/images/angelhid.jpg

Dont want to pee on anyones parade...buutttt With these you just peel the lense off the stock housing, screw these into the stock bulb hole. {they are direct mount, bulb base specific} then you just glue the lense back on and wire then up. D1 style with shutter hi/lo not affiliated with whatever company i hot linked this pic from..just the first result from google. these kits can be had for about 125/pair on fleabay http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/images/angelhid.jpg

there is actually an entire thread for these on hidplanet which has more info than I can cram in a single post http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?37351-New-g5-Ebay-projectors-easy-retro

• 2 weeks later...